Can't Save using Movie Maker

I can open a mpg file in movie maker 2.1 and add clips to the story board,
however, when I try to save it, it hangs and stops responding. I let it go
for long, long time, but it doesn't do anything.

I changed my virtual memory settings and tried saving it in with just a few
clips, but the same result. I have 256 MB RAM, should I upgrade it to 512MB?

Any suggestions would help.
2 answers Last reply
More about save movie maker

    I had the same problem a while ago. I had found it to be a codec issue.
    try disabling some of the codecs in movie maker. I think it is under
    tools options compatibility.

    Swirlygirl wrote:
    > I can open a mpg file in movie maker 2.1 and add clips to the story board,
    > however, when I try to save it, it hangs and stops responding. I let it go
    > for long, long time, but it doesn't do anything.
    >
    > I changed my virtual memory settings and tried saving it in with just a few
    > clips, but the same result. I have 256 MB RAM, should I upgrade it to 512MB?
    >
    > Any suggestions would help.

    Thanks, I'll give that a try...I'll let you know.

    "Stuart" wrote:

    > I had the same problem a while ago. I had found it to be a codec issue.
    > try disabling some of the codecs in movie maker. I think it is under
    > tools options compatibility.
    >

    > Swirlygirl wrote:
    > > I can open a mpg file in movie maker 2.1 and add clips to the story board,
    > > however, when I try to save it, it hangs and stops responding. I let it go
    > > for long, long time, but it doesn't do anything.
    > >
    > > I changed my virtual memory settings and tried saving it in with just a few
    > > clips, but the same result. I have 256 MB RAM, should I upgrade it to 512MB?
    > >
    > > Any suggestions would help.

Video Virtual Memory Microsoft Movie Maker Windows XP