Can't Save using Movie Maker

I can open a mpg file in movie maker 2.1 and add clips to the story board,
however, when I try to save it, it hangs and stops responding. I let it go
for long, long time, but it doesn't do anything.

I changed my virtual memory settings and tried saving it in with just a few
clips, but the same result. I have 256 MB RAM, should I upgrade it to 512MB?

Any suggestions would help.

stuart

I had the same problem a while ago. I had found it to be a codec issue.
try disabling some of the codecs in movie maker. I think it is under
tools options compatibility.

Swirlygirl wrote:
> I can open a mpg file in movie maker 2.1 and add clips to the story board,
> however, when I try to save it, it hangs and stops responding. I let it go
> for long, long time, but it doesn't do anything.
>
> I changed my virtual memory settings and tried saving it in with just a few
> clips, but the same result. I have 256 MB RAM, should I upgrade it to 512MB?
>
> Any suggestions would help.

Thanks, I'll give that a try...I'll let you know.