Need help burning DVDs from camcorder

I am so confused! I have a Sony Vaio PCV-RX830 that has a DVD-RW burner. I
just got a digital camcorder and have transferred video from it with the IEEE
cable to my computer. I have Image Mixer 1.7 which came with my camcorder
and also MovieShaker that came with the computer. I can edit and make a
video on both of them and then save them in the format it suggests to copy
them to DVDs. I just can't burn DVDs. I have done what I think I should and
it burns something on it, but it says it's a read only file and I can't
access it on my DVD player or on the computer, so I don't think I have the
right software. Should my computer have come with the software to burn DVDs
since I have a burner, or is that something I have to buy? I do have Record
Now DX, but I don't think I can use that to record video! Please help! I
really want to figure out how to do this!! Any and all suggestions, answers,
and help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

I found a third party freeware dvd burner www.dvdsanta.com give
it a try

"jaz25612" wrote:

> I am so confused! I have a Sony Vaio PCV-RX830 that has a DVD-RW burner. I
> just got a digital camcorder and have transferred video from it with the IEEE
> cable to my computer. I have Image Mixer 1.7 which came with my camcorder
> and also MovieShaker that came with the computer. I can edit and make a
> video on both of them and then save them in the format it suggests to copy
> them to DVDs. I just can't burn DVDs. I have done what I think I should and
> it burns something on it, but it says it's a read only file and I can't
> access it on my DVD player or on the computer, so I don't think I have the
> right software. Should my computer have come with the software to burn DVDs
> since I have a burner, or is that something I have to buy? I do have Record
> Now DX, but I don't think I can use that to record video! Please help! I
> really want to figure out how to do this!! Any and all suggestions, answers,
> and help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

Why not Windows Movie Maker 2, download from MS Windows site
Don

"Chris Tipton" wrote:

> I found a third party freeware dvd burner www.dvdsanta.com give
> it a try
>
> "jaz25612" wrote:
>
> > I am so confused! I have a Sony Vaio PCV-RX830 that has a DVD-RW burner. I
> > just got a digital camcorder and have transferred video from it with the IEEE
> > cable to my computer. I have Image Mixer 1.7 which came with my camcorder
> > and also MovieShaker that came with the computer. I can edit and make a
> > video on both of them and then save them in the format it suggests to copy
> > them to DVDs. I just can't burn DVDs. I have done what I think I should and
> > it burns something on it, but it says it's a read only file and I can't
> > access it on my DVD player or on the computer, so I don't think I have the
> > right software. Should my computer have come with the software to burn DVDs
> > since I have a burner, or is that something I have to buy? I do have Record
> > Now DX, but I don't think I can use that to record video! Please help! I
> > really want to figure out how to do this!! Any and all suggestions, answers,
> > and help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

Barry

WMM doesn't create DVD's only movies, other software is required.