Group,
Just installed Lets edit to try it out, my only other experience has
been Pinnacle Studio 8.
Opening an avi clip created on Studio 8, the audio is terribly weak
and lots of static like noise. This avi plays fine in any of the
players (windows media, winamp etc)

I opened Canopus lets edit, then under file/add clip to bin window
I opend the *.avi. clicked on it then selected `arrange clip'

That puts the individual sceens on a time line. Then click `play'
and I get this horrible static. Under the statict I can faintly hear
the dip audio track.

What am I doing wrong?

"Harry Putnam" <reader@newsguy.com> skrev i meddelandet
> Group,
> Just installed Lets edit to try it out, my only other experience has
> been Pinnacle Studio 8.
> Opening an avi clip created on Studio 8, the audio is terribly weak
> and lots of static like noise. This avi plays fine in any of the
> players (windows media, winamp etc)
>
> I opened Canopus lets edit, then under file/add clip to bin window
> I opend the *.avi. clicked on it then selected `arrange clip'
>
> That puts the individual sceens on a time line. Then click `play'
> and I get this horrible static. Under the statict I can faintly hear
> the dip audio track.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

Harry,
I cannot help you with this although I have been using Canopus for years.
I think the best thing for you is to go to the Canopus forum.
http://forum.canopus.com/

Good luck!

Peter in Sweden

Kevin D. Kissell wrote:
> I bought Let's Edit at the recommendation of a video professional in
> my area who uses Canopus products extensively and swears by them,
> and I was very disappointed when the very first time I used it, I
> captured video from my camcorder, told it to save to AVI, and
> had the program crash. I wrote to Canopus support in the UK
> (I'm in Europe) and they pretended that this was news to them,
> despite people on their forum regarding it as a well-known problem.
> I de-installed LE and resolved to seek a refund.
>
> I then tried installing and using the alternative products I had
> available:
> Ulead Video Studio that was bundled with a FireWire PCMCIA card
> and Pinnacle Studio 8 that was bundled with my DVD burner. Both
> are far more stable and user friendly than LE, but neither of them
> have features like chroma-keying which are of interest to me. If any
> of you have a suggestion for an alternative full-featured but
> reasonably
> priced tool to replace LE, I'm all ears.

Depends what you consider reasonably priced. Have you looked at Sony's
Vegas? It's got a very full set of features, including chroma-keyer and
much much more. You can download a trial to play with if you want.

Mike

"Mike Kujbida" <kujfam-misleadingspam@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:c5i3qm$1v56u$1@ID-113661.news.uni-berlin.de...

> Kevin D. Kissell wrote:
> > I bought Let's Edit at the recommendation of a video professional in
> > my area who uses Canopus products extensively and swears by them,
> > and I was very disappointed when the very first time I used it, I
> > captured video from my camcorder, told it to save to AVI, and
> > had the program crash. I wrote to Canopus support in the UK
> > (I'm in Europe) and they pretended that this was news to them,
> > despite people on their forum regarding it as a well-known problem.
> > I de-installed LE and resolved to seek a refund.
> >
> > I then tried installing and using the alternative products I had
> > available:
> > Ulead Video Studio that was bundled with a FireWire PCMCIA card
> > and Pinnacle Studio 8 that was bundled with my DVD burner. Both
> > are far more stable and user friendly than LE, but neither of them
> > have features like chroma-keying which are of interest to me. If any
> > of you have a suggestion for an alternative full-featured but
> > reasonably
> > priced tool to replace LE, I'm all ears.
>

> Depends what you consider reasonably priced. Have you looked at Sony's
> Vegas? It's got a very full set of features, including chroma-keyer and
> much much more. You can download a trial to play with if you want.

I don't think the price is unreasonable - I pay that much for pro audio
software products from time to tome - but it *is* roughly four times
more expensive than Let's Edit. I'll keep it in mind, though.

Late breaking news!

"Susan" <nospam@nospam.net> wrote in message news:ds3m70hvfhopnneumjatjjhfr3pec6e0oa@4ax.com...
> Harry Putnam <reader@newsguy.com> wrote:
[snip]
> >What am I doing wrong?
>
> You aren't doing anything wrong. This action is a "feature" of Let's
> Edit. LE can only successfully use Type 1 DV AVIs and only those
> encoded with the Canopus codec, Studio uses and creates Type 2 AVIs,
> encoded with the MS DV codec unless you tell it to use a different
> codec

I just dropped into the Canopus support page, and discovered that, as of today,
there's a new patch up to take Let's Edit to v1.06. The patch supposedly adds
AVI2 read/write support, along with some other features/fixes. I just downloaded
and installed it, and the one thing that I can confirm is that they finally fixed the stupid
crash-after-save-as-AVI bug!

So I guess I'll keep my Let's Edit for a while longer...