converting svcd to dvd

Hi. I am in the process of converting vhs to svcd. I want to buy a
dvdr in the future when I can afford it. How much would be involved
in converting my svcd disks to dvd when I have the burner?

In article <c1835c2b.0404091116.47cb6239@posting.google.com>,
dolvid22-t01@yahoo.com (Dolvid) wrote:

> Hi. I am in the process of converting vhs to svcd. I want to buy a
> dvdr in the future when I can afford it. How much would be involved
> in converting my svcd disks to dvd when I have the burner?

If your DVD player supports XSVCD you may want to encode PAL/NTSC 720,
704 or 352 x 576/480 XSVCD with 48kHz audio. You may even use >2500kb/s
if your player supports such high bitrates for XSVCD. These are valid
DVD resolutions and audio so you can later remux and burn them as DVD
with minimal hassle.

--
Matti Haveri <mattiDOThaveriATsjokiDOTutaeiroskaaDOTfi> remove ei roskaa