Avi 2 DVD using Premiere

Hi, I converted some DV footage into edited avi with Premiere, now I
want to export it to DVD. I succeeded; however, the output of the DVD
on my computer is interlaced. Other DVDs are not interlaced. I do not
have a regular dvd at the moment and cannot check if it plays back
normally on the TV, but should it be interlaced? It is in dvd-vr
format, maybe that is some significance.

Thanks for the reply.

Leon <leon_gordine@msn.com> wrote:
> Hi, I converted some DV footage into edited avi with Premiere, now I
> want to export it to DVD. I succeeded; however, the output of the DVD
> on my computer is interlaced. Other DVDs are not interlaced. I do not
> have a regular dvd at the moment and cannot check if it plays back
> normally on the TV, but should it be interlaced? It is in dvd-vr
> format, maybe that is some significance.
>
> Thanks for the reply.

Makes no difference if it's +R or -R. Regular TV needs an interlaced
signal so you're fine the way it is.

Mike

"Mike Kujbida" <kujfam-misleadingspam@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:<c57kru$2pjsdb$1@ID-113661.news.uni-berlin.de>...
> Leon <leon_gordine@msn.com> wrote:
> > Hi, I converted some DV footage into edited avi with Premiere, now I
> > want to export it to DVD. I succeeded; however, the output of the DVD
> > on my computer is interlaced. Other DVDs are not interlaced. I do not
> > have a regular dvd at the moment and cannot check if it plays back
> > normally on the TV, but should it be interlaced? It is in dvd-vr
> > format, maybe that is some significance.
> >
> > Thanks for the reply.
>

> Makes no difference if it's +R or -R. Regular TV needs an interlaced
> signal so you're fine the way it is.
>
> Mike

Thanks for the reply.

My question is, why do regular dvds play without interlace lines on my
computer dvd player, and the one dvd that I made does show those
lines.

Leon.

Leon <leon_gordine@msn.com> wrote:
> "Mike Kujbida" <kujfam-misleadingspam@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>> Leon <leon_gordine@msn.com> wrote:
>>> Hi, I converted some DV footage into edited avi with Premiere, now I
>>> want to export it to DVD. I succeeded; however, the output of the
>>> DVD on my computer is interlaced. Other DVDs are not interlaced. I
>>> do not have a regular dvd at the moment and cannot check if it
>>> plays back normally on the TV, but should it be interlaced? It is
>>> in dvd-vr format, maybe that is some significance.
>>>
>>> Thanks for the reply.
>>

>> Makes no difference if it's +R or -R. Regular TV needs an
>> interlaced signal so you're fine the way it is.
>>
>> Mike
>

> Thanks for the reply.
>
> My question is, why do regular dvds play without interlace lines on my
> computer dvd player, and the one dvd that I made does show those
> lines.
>
> Leon.

Usually a field order mix-up can cause these problems.
Have a look at http://www.100fps.com/ and see if that's your problem.

Mike