Won't save captured video clips

I have had numerous problems and am still trying to resolve some of them.
HELP. I can get as far as capturing video and everything looks okay. When I
click the finish button it gives me an error message that says "The specified
video device is not responding. Verify that the video device is connected
properly and turned on, then try capturing again." It "sees" the video and
audio when it is capturing but has a problem when trying to save it. I can
use Sonic MYDvd and everything works fine. Any ideas? Thanks

With which application are you trying to capture?
www.coribright.com