How to clear activesync inbos database

May 14, 2004 7:10:51 PM

I had a problem with my partnership, so I deleted it and re-created it, but
now there are 4 unresolved items in the inbox (messages that were deleted
from my desktop before re-creating the partnership. I tried simply deleting
them from activesync inbox, didn't resolve the problem, tried changing the
settings in active sync to "replace item on desktop, and replace item on
device" - no help, tried restoring the e-mails form outlook selected item
folder - didnt work, tried unchecking inbox sync, and then re-enabling it -
no luck, tired changing the days to sync from 0 to 100 and back again, still
no help. any ideas how to clear the 4 items, is there a way to totally
dele the activsync inbox database from the PPC and start again ???

Thanks
Kent
Anonymous
May 15, 2004 10:08:49 PM

"Knott Me" <knott_me@SPAMSUX.hotmail.com> wrote:

>I had a problem with my partnership, so I deleted it and re-created it, but
>now there are 4 unresolved items in the inbox (messages that were deleted
>from my desktop before re-creating the partnership. I tried simply deleting
>them from activesync inbox, didn't resolve the problem, tried changing the
>settings in active sync to "replace item on desktop, and replace item on
>device" - no help, tried restoring the e-mails form outlook selected item
>folder - didnt work, tried unchecking inbox sync, and then re-enabling it -
>no luck, tired changing the days to sync from 0 to 100 and back again, still
>no help. any ideas how to clear the 4 items, is there a way to totally
>dele the activsync inbox database from the PPC and start again ???

After trying all of that, I suspect a hard reset is the only way to
go, which will restore your Pocket PC back to the state it was when
you took it out of the box.
May 17, 2004 7:50:41 PM

Unplug the PDA from the computer and go to ActiveSync and select Delete
Association, then plug the PDA again and recreate the association

"Knott Me" <knott_me@SPAMSUX.hotmail.com> escribió en el mensaje
> I had a problem with my partnership, so I deleted it and re-created it,
but
> now there are 4 unresolved items in the inbox (messages that were deleted
> from my desktop before re-creating the partnership. I tried simply
deleting
> them from activesync inbox, didn't resolve the problem, tried changing the
> settings in active sync to "replace item on desktop, and replace item on
> device" - no help, tried restoring the e-mails form outlook selected item
> folder - didnt work, tried unchecking inbox sync, and then re-enabling
it -
> no luck, tired changing the days to sync from 0 to 100 and back again,
still
> no help. any ideas how to clear the 4 items, is there a way to totally
> dele the activsync inbox database from the PPC and start again ???
>
> Thanks
> Kent

May 18, 2004 1:27:02 PM

Thanks, but that's what caused the problem to begin with .

"Manuel Romero" <mromerop_arroba_hotmail_punto_com> wrote in message
news:o q0IaAFPEHA.1276@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
Unplug the PDA from the computer and go to ActiveSync and select Delete
Association, then plug the PDA again and recreate the association

"Knott Me" <knott_me@SPAMSUX.hotmail.com> escribió en el mensaje
> I had a problem with my partnership, so I deleted it and re-created it,
but
> now there are 4 unresolved items in the inbox (messages that were deleted
> from my desktop before re-creating the partnership. I tried simply
deleting
> them from activesync inbox, didn't resolve the problem, tried changing the
> settings in active sync to "replace item on desktop, and replace item on
> device" - no help, tried restoring the e-mails form outlook selected item
> folder - didnt work, tried unchecking inbox sync, and then re-enabling
it -
> no luck, tired changing the days to sync from 0 to 100 and back again,
still
> no help. any ideas how to clear the 4 items, is there a way to totally
> dele the activsync inbox database from the PPC and start again ???
>
> Thanks
> Kent

Anonymous
May 19, 2004 5:21:47 PM

I've had this problem with my e740. When I rebooty desktop, I had my PPC
still connected. I disconnected, reboot and performed a reset on the
device. That seemed to do the trick.

Good luck.

kj

Knott Me wrote:
> Thanks, but that's what caused the problem to begin with .
>

> "Manuel Romero" <mromerop_arroba_hotmail_punto_com> wrote in message
> news:o q0IaAFPEHA.1276@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Unplug the PDA from the computer and go to ActiveSync and select Delete
> Association, then plug the PDA again and recreate the association
>
> "Knott Me" <knott_me@SPAMSUX.hotmail.com> escribió en el mensaje
>
>>I had a problem with my partnership, so I deleted it and re-created it,
>
> but
>
>>now there are 4 unresolved items in the inbox (messages that were deleted
>>from my desktop before re-creating the partnership. I tried simply
>
> deleting
>
>>them from activesync inbox, didn't resolve the problem, tried changing the
>>settings in active sync to "replace item on desktop, and replace item on
>>device" - no help, tried restoring the e-mails form outlook selected item
>>folder - didnt work, tried unchecking inbox sync, and then re-enabling
>
> it -
>
>>no luck, tired changing the days to sync from 0 to 100 and back again,
>
> still
>
>>no help. any ideas how to clear the 4 items, is there a way to totally
>>dele the activsync inbox database from the PPC and start again ???
>>
>>Thanks
>>Kent

Anonymous
May 21, 2004 12:44:10 PM

Hello Kent,

I habe the same problem. Have you found a solution yet. I am not able
to clear my inbox.

Stéphane

--
slux
slux's Profile: http://www.ppczone.net/forum/member.php?action=getinfo&...

Yes, I deleted my partnership (again) changed the name of the pocket pc,
re-synced, which took me through the partnership wizard, only this time when
asked, instead of "combining" all items, I chose to let the desktop
overwrite everything on the pocketpc. this seemed to do the trick.

--
!