Windows Media Player hangs when i play movie files

Whenever i try opening some of my movie files(avi,mpg,wmv), Windows Media
Player hangs and the movie it was playing freezes after about 1 second of
playing.
I noticed that this doesn't happen whenever i play most of my other movie
files, but only certain ones.
Why is this so? Can a kind soul please tell me how to rectify the problem?

I'm using Windows Media Player 9. My OS is Windows XP Home Edition.
1 answer Last reply
More about windows media player hangs play movie files

    Which ones are you having trouble with and which play from the list you
    supply, or is it just some avi's some wmv's some mpeg's play and some don't.
    In which case have you checked the file codecs used to ensure they are the
    same.

    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP Digital Media

    "Frank Balgar" <FrankBalgar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Whenever i try opening some of my movie files(avi,mpg,wmv), Windows Media
    > Player hangs and the movie it was playing freezes after about 1 second of
    > playing.
    > I noticed that this doesn't happen whenever i play most of my other movie
    > files, but only certain ones.
    > Why is this so? Can a kind soul please tell me how to rectify the problem?
    >
    > I'm using Windows Media Player 9. My OS is Windows XP Home Edition.

Video Movies Microsoft Media Player Windows XP