Movie Maker 2 No Sound during preview of capture

I can no longer hear sound when I preview my video prior to capturing
it. It worked fine the first several times I did it but it has
stopped working.
I have read through several newsgroups and help sites (microsoft,
papajohn, google), I have downloaded new drivers for my soundcard,
video card... and still no sound. If I capture the clip and play it
back, the sound is there but I cannot hear it before that. I have
lots of video to capture and want to be able to scan through it with
sound instead of capturing it all. Anyone know why this was working
and then stopped? Thanks in advance for your help!

I am using my VCR not a camcorder so there is no volume other than my
computer speakers. It worked for the first few days, then stopped.
Wonder if I changed a setting or something?

I've only ever heard sound from the camcorder in Capture mode - playback is
fine. Both MM1 and MM2 used them about 18mths now, many camcorders: Sony,
Panasonic, Canon, JVC. Check your camcorder's volume settings...

HTH
Roger

"Rhonda" <rstarkman@rogers.com> wrote in message
> I can no longer hear sound when I preview my video prior to capturing
> it. It worked fine the first several times I did it but it has
> stopped working.
> I have read through several newsgroups and help sites (microsoft,
> papajohn, google), I have downloaded new drivers for my soundcard,
> video card... and still no sound. If I capture the clip and play it
> back, the sound is there but I cannot hear it before that. I have
> lots of video to capture and want to be able to scan through it with
> sound instead of capturing it all. Anyone know why this was working
> and then stopped? Thanks in advance for your help!

TRENDING THREADS