No "Wireless Network Connection" icon available

I'm using Linksys WUSB11 for my wireless connection. My PC is able to detect
the hardware. However, I can't get the "Wireless Network Connection" in
"Network Connections". I'm using WIN XP PRO SP2.
I acn get the thingy working on my 2nd PC which runs on WIN XP HOME.
Any idea whats wrong?

Check out the 2nd Q&A of http://ecross.mvps.org/faq.htm and see if it
helps.

"Wei Boon" <WeiBoon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| I'm using Linksys WUSB11 for my wireless connection. My PC is able to
detect
| the hardware. However, I can't get the "Wireless Network Connection"
in
| "Network Connections". I'm using WIN XP PRO SP2.
| I acn get the thingy working on my 2nd PC which runs on WIN XP HOME.
| Any idea whats wrong?

It may be helpful if I can access the Wireless Network connection Properties.
Problem is the icon is not there for me to click.

Wei Boon wrote:
> *I'm using Linksys WUSB11 for my wireless connection. My PC is able
> to detect
> the hardware. However, I can't get the "Wireless Network Connection"
> in
> "Network Connections". I'm using WIN XP PRO SP2.
> I acn get the thingy working on my 2nd PC which runs on WIN XP HOME.
> Any idea whats wrong? *

I'm having the same issue on two of my workstations. Both running XP
Pro w/ SP2. After a Clean install on one, it worked perfectly fine,
the second machine i would like to avoid having to do a clean install.
Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

--
djurkwhad

TRENDING THREADS