Capture not working in MM2

Movie Maker 2 (5.1 SP2, 2.1)
I know how the capture should work, as I have a computer (XP Home, IEEE card
port, etc.) and all works fine. I also have a computer (XP Pro, IEEE on
Mother board, 4 hard drives (2 IDE, 2 RAID)). The capture starts normally
(like I said I know how this works), then hangs up. Sometimes it will
capture a few seconds of movie, other times more or less captured.
WHY?
It is a real pain transfering files from the computer that works
(ironically my
wifes), to mine.
Any help, configurations, ..... that might be helpful??
Don

With everything that you are running it sounds like it could be an
insufficient PSU issue.
www.coribright.com

"RUCKDR" <RUCKDR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Movie Maker 2 (5.1 SP2, 2.1)
> I know how the capture should work, as I have a computer (XP Home, IEEE
> card
> port, etc.) and all works fine. I also have a computer (XP Pro, IEEE on
> Mother board, 4 hard drives (2 IDE, 2 RAID)). The capture starts normally
> (like I said I know how this works), then hangs up. Sometimes it will
> capture a few seconds of movie, other times more or less captured.
> WHY?
> It is a real pain transfering files from the computer that works
> (ironically my
> wifes), to mine.
> Any help, configurations, ..... that might be helpful??
> Don

Not sure what you mean by PSU (power supply unit ??); I should have
sufficient power.

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> With everything that you are running it sounds like it could be an
> insufficient PSU issue.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP) Windows Client - Printing/Imaging and Hardware
> www.coribright.com
>
> "RUCKDR" <RUCKDR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Movie Maker 2 (5.1 SP2, 2.1)
> > I know how the capture should work, as I have a computer (XP Home, IEEE
> > card
> > port, etc.) and all works fine. I also have a computer (XP Pro, IEEE on
> > Mother board, 4 hard drives (2 IDE, 2 RAID)). The capture starts normally
> > (like I said I know how this works), then hangs up. Sometimes it will
> > capture a few seconds of movie, other times more or less captured.
> > WHY?
> > It is a real pain transfering files from the computer that works
> > (ironically my
> > wifes), to mine.
> > Any help, configurations, ..... that might be helpful??
> > Don

Check dma is enabled on the hdd.
Turn off all uneeded apps, use something like enditall.
Turn off internet/antivirus/firewall/screensaver/powersave modes.
defrag hdd.
ensure you have plenty of space to save to, check location.

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media