Step-Up Ring for Sony Camcorder Lens

I'm having trouble finding a step up ring for a lens with a 25mm filter
thread size. B&H and Adorama don't seem to have them. I don't care what
size it steps up to, as long as it is a relatively common filter size.

I'd appreciate it if you could help.

Thanks,
Jim
3 answers Last reply
More about step ring sony camcorder lens

    "takeone" <takeone@theworldonline.com> wrote in message

    > I'm having trouble finding a step up ring for a lens with a 25mm filter
    > thread size. B&H and Adorama don't seem to have them. I don't care what
    > size it steps up to, as long as it is a relatively common filter size.

    Are you sure it isn't 30mm, the smallest I've seen on
    Sony Mini-DV, anyway. B&H carries these (avoid
    Bowers, though, if you can - horrible machining on
    the ones I've tried (Tiffen is better for this - though
    I dislike their filters...).
    --
    David Ruether
    rpn1@cornell.edu

    > size it steps up to, as long as it is a relatively common filter size.
    >
    > Are you sure it isn't 30mm, the smallest I've seen on
    > Sony Mini-DV, anyway. B&H carries these (avoid
    > Bowers, though, if you can - horrible machining on
    > the ones I've tried (Tiffen is better for this - though
    > I dislike their filters...).
    > --
    > David Ruether
    > rpn1@cornell.edu
    > http://www.ferrario.com/ruether

    As you can see from the specs, the filter size is 25mm.

    http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=m-45vOO_jfY5p6PFhsYzt6yxJ5eZXF5Ch7E=?CategoryName=dcc_DICamcorders_MiniDVHandycamCamcorders&Dept=dcc&TemplateName=item%2fsy_item_b&ProductSKU=DCRHC40

    If that long link doesn't work, it's the model DCR-HC40 which you can search
    for at www.sony.com.

    B&H Photo and Adorama do not carry step-up rings in 25mm size. That's my
    dilemma.

    Jim

    > > size it steps up to, as long as it is a relatively common filter size.
    > >
    > > Are you sure it isn't 30mm, the smallest I've seen on
    > > Sony Mini-DV, anyway. B&H carries these (avoid
    > > Bowers, though, if you can - horrible machining on
    > > the ones I've tried (Tiffen is better for this - though
    > > I dislike their filters...).
    > > --
    > > David Ruether

    > As you can see from the specs, the filter size is 25mm.

    http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=m-45vOO_jfY5p6PFhsYzt6yxJ5eZXF5Ch7E=?CategoryName=dcc_DICamcorders_MiniDVHandycamCamcorders&Dept=dcc&TemplateName=item%2fsy_item_b&ProductSKU=DCRHC40

    > If that long link doesn't work, it's the model DCR-HC40 which you can search
    > for at www.sony.com.
    >
    > B&H Photo and Adorama do not carry step-up rings in 25mm size. That's my
    > dilemma.

    Ah, so it is...
    Would be nice if these camera makers didn't keep coming out with
    new odd filter sizes... Best: get a 25->30mm or 37mm step-up
    ring when it is available so you can use "standard"-size accessories
    (37mm is best for this...).
    --
    David Ruether
    rpn1@cornell.edu