Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Step-Up Ring for Sony Camcorder Lens

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
Anonymous
April 11, 2004 7:50:03 AM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

I'm having trouble finding a step up ring for a lens with a 25mm filter
thread size. B&H and Adorama don't seem to have them. I don't care what
size it steps up to, as long as it is a relatively common filter size.

I'd appreciate it if you could help.

Thanks,
Jim
Anonymous
April 12, 2004 4:34:09 AM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

"takeone" <takeone@theworldonline.com> wrote in message
news:ac3ec.8130$pN3.583@newssvr23.news.prodigy.com...

> I'm having trouble finding a step up ring for a lens with a 25mm filter
> thread size. B&H and Adorama don't seem to have them. I don't care what
> size it steps up to, as long as it is a relatively common filter size.

Are you sure it isn't 30mm, the smallest I've seen on
Sony Mini-DV, anyway. B&H carries these (avoid
Bowers, though, if you can - horrible machining on
the ones I've tried (Tiffen is better for this - though
I dislike their filters...).
--
David Ruether
rpn1@cornell.edu
http://www.ferrario.com/ruether
Anonymous
April 12, 2004 8:42:52 AM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

> size it steps up to, as long as it is a relatively common filter size.
>
> Are you sure it isn't 30mm, the smallest I've seen on
> Sony Mini-DV, anyway. B&H carries these (avoid
> Bowers, though, if you can - horrible machining on
> the ones I've tried (Tiffen is better for this - though
> I dislike their filters...).
> --
> David Ruether
> rpn1@cornell.edu
> http://www.ferrario.com/ruether
>
>

As you can see from the specs, the filter size is 25mm.

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/...;sid=m-45vOO_jfY5p6PFhsYzt6yxJ5eZXF5Ch7E=?CategoryName=dcc_DICamcorders_MiniDVHandycamCamcorders&Dept=dcc&TemplateName=item%2fsy_item_b&ProductSKU=DCRHC40

If that long link doesn't work, it's the model DCR-HC40 which you can search
for at www.sony.com.

B&H Photo and Adorama do not carry step-up rings in 25mm size. That's my
dilemma.

Jim
Anonymous
April 12, 2004 6:44:50 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

"takeone" <takeone@theworldonline.com> wrote in message
news:g7pec.8401$oG6.7988@newssvr23.news.prodigy.com...
>
> > size it steps up to, as long as it is a relatively common filter size.
> >
> > Are you sure it isn't 30mm, the smallest I've seen on
> > Sony Mini-DV, anyway. B&H carries these (avoid
> > Bowers, though, if you can - horrible machining on
> > the ones I've tried (Tiffen is better for this - though
> > I dislike their filters...).
> > --
> > David Ruether

> As you can see from the specs, the filter size is 25mm.
>
>
http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/...;sid=m-45vOO_jfY5p6PFhsYzt6yxJ5eZXF5Ch7E=?CategoryName=dcc_DICamcorders_MiniDVHandycamCamcorders&Dept=dcc&TemplateName=item%2fsy_item_b&ProductSKU=DCRHC40
>
> If that long link doesn't work, it's the model DCR-HC40 which you can search
> for at www.sony.com.
>
> B&H Photo and Adorama do not carry step-up rings in 25mm size. That's my
> dilemma.

Ah, so it is...
Would be nice if these camera makers didn't keep coming out with
new odd filter sizes... Best: get a 25->30mm or 37mm step-up
ring when it is available so you can use "standard"-size accessories
(37mm is best for this...).
--
David Ruether
rpn1@cornell.edu
http://www.ferrario.com/ruether
!