Captured video has double image

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

I used virtual dub and a trial copy of Mainconcept DV CODEC to capture some
home movies to my hard drive. All was fine, except the captured avi file
seems to have a double image ghosting when there is motion, like children
running, or when the camer pans quickly.
Any ideas what caused that?

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

"A. B." wrote ...
> I used virtual dub and a trial copy of Mainconcept DV
> CODEC to capture some home movies to my hard drive.
> All was fine, except the captured avi file seems to have
> a double image ghosting when there is motion, like children
> running, or when the camer pans quickly.
> Any ideas what caused that?

IME, this is caused by capturing the fields (upper/lower)
in the wrong order. See if there is a setup configuration for
this and try it the opposite way you are running now.

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

> > Any ideas what caused that?

> IME, this is caused by capturing the fields (upper/lower)
> in the wrong order. See if there is a setup configuration for
> this and try it the opposite way you are running now.

Field B - first
Field A - second

Mik Media

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

> What hardware do you have?
> --Leonid

TMPGEnc Plus 2,5 and MyDVD 4.5
- mik media

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

> > What hardware do you have?
> > --Leonid
>
> TMPGEnc Plus 2,5 and MyDVD 4.5
> - mik media

sorry :)
I have Athlon1700+xp with 256mb RAM, ati rage pro, 2x30 Barracuda7200rpm,
canopus dv editing card, fast av master2000, dvdr+/- liteon 851s, canon xm1
-mik media

Someone

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

You don't have a choice about the order in which the camera writes and
therefore transfers the video. Many editors do have a choice of which one
they put out first when writing a new AVI or to tape. That does make a
difference.

"mirekMik Media" <mikmedia@usun-wp.pl> wrote in message
> > > What hardware do you have?
> > > --Leonid
> >
> > TMPGEnc Plus 2,5 and MyDVD 4.5
> > - mik media
> >
> sorry :)
> I have Athlon1700+xp with 256mb RAM, ati rage pro, 2x30 Barracuda7200rpm,
> canopus dv editing card, fast av master2000, dvdr+/- liteon 851s, canon
xm1
> -mik media

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

In rec.video.desktop mirekMik Media <mikmedia@usun-wp.pl> wrote:
:> What hardware do you have?
:> --Leonid

: TMPGEnc Plus 2,5 and MyDVD 4.5

This is software. What hardware (capture card) do you have. You're using
VirtualDub to capture?

--Leonid

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

In rec.video.desktop mirekMik Media <mikmedia@usun-wp.pl> wrote:
:> > What hardware do you have?
:> > --Leonid
:>
:> TMPGEnc Plus 2,5 and MyDVD 4.5
:> - mik media
:>
: sorry :)
: I have Athlon1700+xp with 256mb RAM, ati rage pro, 2x30 Barracuda7200rpm,
: canopus dv editing card, fast av master2000, dvdr+/- liteon 851s, canon xm1

So you capture with fast av master, right? Then you load AVI file to TMPGenc,
right?

Why don't you try to swap fields during capture first. If you get incorrect
field order, TMPGenc doesn't help for some reasons.

--Leonid

In rec.video.desktop someone <mike@xyz.com> wrote:
: You don't have a choice about the order in which the camera writes and
: therefore transfers the video. Many editors do have a choice of which one
: they put out first when writing a new AVI or to tape. That does make a
: difference.

If that is the case, load avi file into VirtualDub, swap fields, start
frame server. Save file as vd.vdr during frame service. Load vd.vdr into
TMPGenc. Good luck.

--Leonid