Sony DCR-PC4E digital camcorder....single shots to hard dr..

I have had my Sony camcorder for a couple of years now and have used
Pinnacle 8 successfully to copy a movie to the hard drive and burn it to a
DVD
Decided to try it out on single shots using the single shot button on the
camera (no sony stick)...problem is.......how do I copy the single shot pics
to the hard drive?
Please help if you can.
Thanks
5 answers Last reply
More about sony pc4e digital camcorder single shots hard

    "Al Zheimer" <al@nowhere.com> wrote in

    > I have had my Sony camcorder for a couple of years now and have
    > used Pinnacle 8 successfully to copy a movie to the hard drive and
    > burn it to a DVD
    > Decided to try it out on single shots using the single shot button
    > on the camera (no sony stick)...problem is.......how do I copy the
    > single shot pics to the hard drive?
    > Please help if you can.
    > Thanks

    The single shots on my Sony camcorder are stored as about six seconds
    of repetitions of one frame, just as though you had taken a 6-second
    video of a still picture. So you would just capture it the way you
    capture any video.

    Unless your camcorder is different, of course...

    Do you have a manual for the 'corder?

    HTH,
    Gino

    --
    Gene E. Bloch (Gino) phone 650.966.8481
    Call me letters find me at domain blochg whose dot is com

    > The single shots on my Sony camcorder are stored as about six seconds
    > of repetitions of one frame, just as though you had taken a 6-second
    > video of a still picture. So you would just capture it the way you
    > capture any video.
    >
    > Unless your camcorder is different, of course...
    >
    > Do you have a manual for the 'corder?
    >
    > HTH,
    > Gino
    >
    > --
    > Gene E. Bloch (Gino) phone 650.966.8481
    > Call me letters find me at domain blochg whose dot is com

    Thanks for reply Gino....yess I have the manual but it not helpful.
    I have just found out that I need Pixela Image Mixer to get the single shots
    on to my hard drive. This program is on a CD which is provided with the cam
    corder.
    Unfortunately I have lost the CD so looking for this program called Pixela
    Image Mixer
    I am hoping somebody can email it to me if I give my real email address.
    Thanks
    Tom

    >> The single shots on my Sony camcorder are stored as about six
    >> seconds of repetitions of one frame, just as though you had taken
    >> a 6-second video of a still picture. So you would just capture it
    >> the way you capture any video.
    >>
    >> Unless your camcorder is different, of course...
    >>
    >> Do you have a manual for the 'corder?
    >>
    >> HTH,
    >> Gino
    >>
    >> --
    >> Gene E. Bloch (Gino) phone 650.966.8481
    >> Call me letters find me at domain blochg whose dot is com
    >>

    > Thanks for reply Gino....yess I have the manual but it not
    > helpful. I have just found out that I need Pixela Image Mixer to
    > get the single shots on to my hard drive. This program is on a CD
    > which is provided with the cam corder.
    > Unfortunately I have lost the CD so looking for this program
    > called Pixela Image Mixer
    > I am hoping somebody can email it to me if I give my real email
    > address. Thanks
    > Tom

    I'm guessing that if you can't find that S/W, there may be other
    programs that'll do it. Google, and with luck you'll find a free one
    :-)

    Also, if I'm right about the format of the non-memory-card stills,
    if you capture the tape footage in the usual AVI fashion, your
    current editing S/W may provide a way to capture a still frame from
    the AVI file. Hopefully it would then let you save it as a jpg or
    whatever...A quick look at the Pinnacle Studio 7 manual says that it
    will save such a capture still image as bmp (it just happened to be
    the first printed manual I could find at this moment; I don't even
    have any Pinnacle S/W on my computer any more!).

    I guess the Pixela S/W might do it in a more convenient fashion, but
    tre other should work OK.

    Good luck.

    --
    Gene E. Bloch (Gino) phone 650.966.8481
    Call me letters find me at domain blochg whose dot is com

    > I'm guessing that if you can't find that S/W, there may be other
    > programs that'll do it. Google, and with luck you'll find a free one
    > :-)
    >
    > Also, if I'm right about the format of the non-memory-card stills,
    > if you capture the tape footage in the usual AVI fashion, your
    > current editing S/W may provide a way to capture a still frame from
    > the AVI file. Hopefully it would then let you save it as a jpg or
    > whatever...A quick look at the Pinnacle Studio 7 manual says that it
    > will save such a capture still image as bmp (it just happened to be
    > the first printed manual I could find at this moment; I don't even
    > have any Pinnacle S/W on my computer any more!).
    >
    > I guess the Pixela S/W might do it in a more convenient fashion, but
    > tre other should work OK.
    >
    > Good luck.
    >
    > --
    > Gene E. Bloch (Gino) phone 650.966.8481
    > Call me letters find me at domain blochg whose dot is com

    OK Gene ...again many thanks for your reply..I have found Pixela using
    Edonkey (it is 200 meg) and now have it installed!
    Thanks again for your help
    best regards
    Tom

    "Al Zheimer" <al@nowhere.com> wrote in

    <SNIP>

    > OK Gene ...again many thanks for your reply..I have found Pixela
    > using Edonkey (it is 200 meg) and now have it installed!
    > Thanks again for your help
    > best regards
    > Tom

    I hope you finally upgraded from your legacy 1200 baud modem :-)

    Glad you got it going,
    Gino

    --
    Gene E. Bloch (Gino) phone 650.966.8481
    Call me letters find me at domain blochg whose dot is com

Tuner Cards Sony Camcorders Hard Drives Graphics