Sony DCR-PC4E digital camcorder....single shots to hard dr..

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 11, 2004 5:48:58 PM

I have had my Sony camcorder for a couple of years now and have used
Pinnacle 8 successfully to copy a movie to the hard drive and burn it to a
DVD
Decided to try it out on single shots using the single shot button on the
camera (no sony stick)...problem is.......how do I copy the single shot pics
to the hard drive?
Please help if you can.
Thanks
Anonymous
April 13, 2004 3:02:55 AM

"Al Zheimer" <al@nowhere.com> wrote in

> I have had my Sony camcorder for a couple of years now and have
> used Pinnacle 8 successfully to copy a movie to the hard drive and
> burn it to a DVD
> Decided to try it out on single shots using the single shot button
> on the camera (no sony stick)...problem is.......how do I copy the
> single shot pics to the hard drive?
> Please help if you can.
> Thanks

The single shots on my Sony camcorder are stored as about six seconds
of repetitions of one frame, just as though you had taken a 6-second
video of a still picture. So you would just capture it the way you
capture any video.

Unless your camcorder is different, of course...

Do you have a manual for the 'corder?

HTH,
Gino

--
Gene E. Bloch (Gino) phone 650.966.8481
Call me letters find me at domain blochg whose dot is com

> The single shots on my Sony camcorder are stored as about six seconds
> of repetitions of one frame, just as though you had taken a 6-second
> video of a still picture. So you would just capture it the way you
> capture any video.
>
> Unless your camcorder is different, of course...
>
> Do you have a manual for the 'corder?
>
> HTH,
> Gino
>
> --
> Gene E. Bloch (Gino) phone 650.966.8481
> Call me letters find me at domain blochg whose dot is com

Thanks for reply Gino....yess I have the manual but it not helpful.
I have just found out that I need Pixela Image Mixer to get the single shots
on to my hard drive. This program is on a CD which is provided with the cam
corder.
Unfortunately I have lost the CD so looking for this program called Pixela
Image Mixer
I am hoping somebody can email it to me if I give my real email address.
Thanks
Tom
April 13, 2004 9:54:12 PM

>> The single shots on my Sony camcorder are stored as about six
>> seconds of repetitions of one frame, just as though you had taken
>> a 6-second video of a still picture. So you would just capture it
>> the way you capture any video.
>>
>> Unless your camcorder is different, of course...
>>
>> Do you have a manual for the 'corder?
>>
>> HTH,
>> Gino
>>
>> --
>> Gene E. Bloch (Gino) phone 650.966.8481
>> Call me letters find me at domain blochg whose dot is com
>>

> Thanks for reply Gino....yess I have the manual but it not
> helpful. I have just found out that I need Pixela Image Mixer to
> get the single shots on to my hard drive. This program is on a CD
> which is provided with the cam corder.
> Unfortunately I have lost the CD so looking for this program
> called Pixela Image Mixer
> I am hoping somebody can email it to me if I give my real email
> address. Thanks
> Tom

I'm guessing that if you can't find that S/W, there may be other
programs that'll do it. Google, and with luck you'll find a free one
:-)

Also, if I'm right about the format of the non-memory-card stills,
if you capture the tape footage in the usual AVI fashion, your
current editing S/W may provide a way to capture a still frame from
the AVI file. Hopefully it would then let you save it as a jpg or
whatever...A quick look at the Pinnacle Studio 7 manual says that it
will save such a capture still image as bmp (it just happened to be
the first printed manual I could find at this moment; I don't even
have any Pinnacle S/W on my computer any more!).

I guess the Pixela S/W might do it in a more convenient fashion, but
tre other should work OK.

Good luck.

--
Gene E. Bloch (Gino) phone 650.966.8481
Call me letters find me at domain blochg whose dot is com
Anonymous
April 14, 2004 1:40:56 AM

> I'm guessing that if you can't find that S/W, there may be other
> programs that'll do it. Google, and with luck you'll find a free one
> :-)
>
> Also, if I'm right about the format of the non-memory-card stills,
> if you capture the tape footage in the usual AVI fashion, your
> current editing S/W may provide a way to capture a still frame from
> the AVI file. Hopefully it would then let you save it as a jpg or
> whatever...A quick look at the Pinnacle Studio 7 manual says that it
> will save such a capture still image as bmp (it just happened to be
> the first printed manual I could find at this moment; I don't even
> have any Pinnacle S/W on my computer any more!).
>
> I guess the Pixela S/W might do it in a more convenient fashion, but
> tre other should work OK.
>
> Good luck.
>
> --
> Gene E. Bloch (Gino) phone 650.966.8481
> Call me letters find me at domain blochg whose dot is com

OK Gene ...again many thanks for your reply..I have found Pixela using
Edonkey (it is 200 meg) and now have it installed!
Thanks again for your help
best regards
Tom
Anonymous
April 15, 2004 3:14:45 AM

"Al Zheimer" <al@nowhere.com> wrote in

<SNIP>

> OK Gene ...again many thanks for your reply..I have found Pixela
> using Edonkey (it is 200 meg) and now have it installed!
> Thanks again for your help
> best regards
> Tom

I hope you finally upgraded from your legacy 1200 baud modem :-)

Glad you got it going,
Gino

--
!