Windows Movie Maker Version 5.1 SP2 Audio

January 19, 2005 5:50:07 PM

I created a mvie in Movie Maker.

I can hear the audio in movie maker

When I select Save a movie file, and let the movie
create, there is no sound.

In the same movie there are clips that do have sound -
they play fine.

IE, let me explain.

I filmed a show using 2 mini DV recorders and imported
them both as .mpg files.

I then spliced them together.

It all plays great in Movie Maker.

But when I select Save a movie file, and let the movie
create, there is no sound on the scenes from one of the
DV recordings but the other plays fine, so the movie has
sound then no sound then sound again.

I have tried adjusting every setting I can find in Movie
Maker, but it still doesn't work.

Any suggestions?
Anonymous
January 20, 2005 2:17:55 AM

See in line. Firstly though, MM will be V2.1, the 5.1 you refer to is the
Windows version.

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"Jack" <jack@gooddeeds.com> wrote in message
> I created a mvie in Movie Maker.
>
> I can hear the audio in movie maker
>
> When I select Save a movie file, and let the movie
> create, there is no sound.
>
> In the same movie there are clips that do have sound -
> they play fine.
>
> IE, let me explain.
>
> I filmed a show using 2 mini DV recorders and imported
> them both as .mpg files.

Why did you capture as Mpeg? Always capture as dv-avi, which will give you
the best quality to edit. MM has issues with Mpeg files, so this may be half
the problem.

> I then spliced them together.
>
> It all plays great in Movie Maker.
>
> But when I select Save a movie file, and let the movie
> create, there is no sound on the scenes from one of the
> DV recordings but the other plays fine, so the movie has
> sound then no sound then sound again.

Check the way the sound is recorded in the two camcorders, see if one is set
to 12 bit and the other 16 bit.

> I have tried adjusting every setting I can find in Movie
> Maker, but it still doesn't work.
>
> Any suggestions?

January 20, 2005 2:17:56 AM

I don't have the camcorders, all I have is the mpeg
files, is there any way to tell from the mpegs 12 vs 16
bit, is there any way to fix the broken or non-compatible
file.

I currently capture using Dazzle Video,Editor- as far as
I know, if you set the program to best video capture, it
creates mpgs. Can you suggest a better way to capture
video, what should I buy?

Anonymous
January 21, 2005 1:55:45 AM

Check www.papajohn.org and see the analogue capture > dazzle section for any
hints on using the dazzle.
Also do a google search for a mpeg to avi file convertor.

--

!