Internet blues

Hello,
my desktop pc running win7 , my problem is that when trying to go to any web site it starts to connect but will time out after a few mins., i have tryed ie 8 and chorome ,but can connect when i use my game starcraft 2 online i also connect when using weather bug on my desktop ?? i have checked my network connections they connected ? Thanks for your help
11 answers Last reply
More about internet blues
  1. boot into Save Mode with Network

    download Malwarebytes, install and update it, then run a full scan
  2. thanks , i have tryed that and found no issues
  3. Control Panel >> Internet Options >> Connection tab >> LAN settings button

    make sure the Proxy is unchecked
  4. instate of www.google.com try to type in 66.102.7.104
  5. I smell DNS Problems.

    Are you using a stock DNS or do you have a different one setup?
  6. Emerald said:
    Control Panel >> Internet Options >> Connection tab >> LAN settings button

    make sure the Proxy is unchecked


    proxy not checked
    typed in 66.102.7.104 with same results
    have found when i try to log into chrome i can check my mail ?
  7. Psychoteddy said:
    I smell DNS Problems.

    Are you using a stock DNS or do you have a different one setup?


    stock
  8. Try using Google DNS. DNS server addresses are 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 (backup)
  9. when booting up in safe mode w/ networking i connect to the internet ok
  10. rbnandm said:
    when booting up in safe mode w/ networking i connect to the internet ok


    Are you OP?
  11. If the laptop can boot of a USB device, AVG has instructions on how to build a bootable USB flash drive. Try using a 2GB or smaller.
Ask a new question

Read More

Connection Desktops Internet Windows 7