VERY new to this video lark! - I am using Windows Movie Maker and I want to
capture video from my Sony MiniDV camcorder as DV-AVI. However, this option
is not enabled - I can only use "Best Quality for Playback on My Computer"
or "Other Settings" ... any ideas would be much appreciated.

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Try the moviemaker newsgroup.

"Starskys Bird" <Starskys Bird@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> VERY new to this video lark! - I am using Windows Movie Maker and I want
> capture video from my Sony MiniDV camcorder as DV-AVI. However, this
> option
> is not enabled - I can only use "Best Quality for Playback on My
> Computer"
> or "Other Settings" ... any ideas would be much appreciated.

Other settings, then in the drop down box pick dv-avi. Available only if you
are capturing digitally though.

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

> Try the moviemaker newsgroup.
>
> "Starskys Bird" <Starskys Bird@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > VERY new to this video lark! - I am using Windows Movie Maker and I want
> > capture video from my Sony MiniDV camcorder as DV-AVI. However, this
> > option
> > is not enabled - I can only use "Best Quality for Playback on My
> > Computer"
> > or "Other Settings" ... any ideas would be much appreciated.

Hi bird,
You can capture video in DV-AVI fromat if you got Firewire port on your
computer. If you got one (firewire port) connect you camcorder through
Firewire (in sony cam they call it as iLink).
Then the DV-AVI option in Windows movie maker will be enabled.
If you don't have firewire port get one fire wire card (PCI).

Ratnakar