Firewire Vs USB Capture Quality

Ok I am a novice
I have a sony dv camera
I dont have a Firewire/Capture card
I use a USB which I thought was just slower than firewire - but when I
capture with USB quality is poor?

(I am still learning how to capture - currently i am streaming video and
capturing that as I cannot get MM2 to control camera.)

Do i need to get a capture card to improve this or should i be able to get
the usb to capture equivalent quality.

thx
1 answer Last reply
More about firewire capture quality

    Buy a firewire card, make sure it is ohci compliant and you'll be sorted.

    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP Digital Media

    "Pietro" <Pietro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Ok I am a novice
    > I have a sony dv camera
    > I dont have a Firewire/Capture card
    > I use a USB which I thought was just slower than firewire - but when I
    > capture with USB quality is poor?
    >
    > (I am still learning how to capture - currently i am streaming video and
    > capturing that as I cannot get MM2 to control camera.)
    >
    > Do i need to get a capture card to improve this or should i be able to get
    > the usb to capture equivalent quality.
    >
    > thx

Video Firewire USB Windows XP