Firewire Vs USB Capture Quality

January 22, 2005 5:47:01 PM

Ok I am a novice
I have a sony dv camera
I dont have a Firewire/Capture card
I use a USB which I thought was just slower than firewire - but when I
capture with USB quality is poor?

(I am still learning how to capture - currently i am streaming video and
capturing that as I cannot get MM2 to control camera.)

Do i need to get a capture card to improve this or should i be able to get
the usb to capture equivalent quality.

thx
Anonymous
January 23, 2005 3:02:57 AM

Buy a firewire card, make sure it is ohci compliant and you'll be sorted.

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

!