odd audio problem with mpa and mpv into dvd workshop2

Hi
I've been converting hi8 tapes to dv via the canopy advc100. Than use
cce 2.6 with setting multipass 8500 max 8000 avg 2500 min, upper field
first and second setting to 'easy' in quality as well as 10 for dc
precision. In video my M=3 and I played with M/N 4 or 5 (been going
back and forth)
Anyway out of ~10 avi conversions 9 have been fine. However one burns
where the video plays and the first 20 sec of vid keeps playing over
and over again(just the audio repeats , the vid is fine for the whole
segment). (the mpa is added to the specific mpv track and I checked
that the lenth of audio is 'entire' not just looped at 20 sec.)
Any ideas?
thanks,
Jack

Try converting the .MPA file to a .WAV file or LPCM and see if there's
any improvement.

Jerry Jones
http://www.jonesgroup.net