graphics card

I installed a verto geforce4 mx 4000 PCI 64mb card in a ASUS A7VL-VM mobo,
disabled the on board video 1st, put the card in, plugged monitor in new
card, when I restart it recognizes the new card, but when windows loads (win.
XP pro.)
It detects new hardware, the old on board video (pro savage S3 8A26) and
then restarts itself?

Any help will be appreciated,
Mark

Did you disable the onboard video in the BIOS?
www.coribright.com

"scubaflyer" <scubaflyer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I installed a verto geforce4 mx 4000 PCI 64mb card in a ASUS A7VL-VM mobo,
> disabled the on board video 1st, put the card in, plugged monitor in new
> card, when I restart it recognizes the new card, but when windows loads
> (win.
> XP pro.)
> It detects new hardware, the old on board video (pro savage S3 8A26) and
> then restarts itself?
>
> Any help will be appreciated,
> Mark

I looked but could'nt find where to disable, I did see where I could set
video For AGP,PCI, or onboard and bios is set at PCI already.

Mark

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Did you disable the onboard video in the BIOS?
> www.coribright.com
>
> "scubaflyer" <scubaflyer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I installed a verto geforce4 mx 4000 PCI 64mb card in a ASUS A7VL-VM mobo,
> > disabled the on board video 1st, put the card in, plugged monitor in new
> > card, when I restart it recognizes the new card, but when windows loads
> > (win.
> > XP pro.)
> > It detects new hardware, the old on board video (pro savage S3 8A26) and
> > then restarts itself?
> >
> > Any help will be appreciated,
> > Mark

I dont have any of the manuals that came with, built for my dad, given to my
daughter, I looked online at ASUS and found a manual but just dont see where
to disable on-board video

"scubaflyer" wrote:

> I looked but could'nt find where to disable, I did see where I could set
> video For AGP,PCI, or onboard and bios is set at PCI already.
>
> Mark
>
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
> > Did you disable the onboard video in the BIOS?
> > --
> > Cari (MS-MVP Windows Client - Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
> > www.coribright.com
> >
> > "scubaflyer" <scubaflyer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I installed a verto geforce4 mx 4000 PCI 64mb card in a ASUS A7VL-VM mobo,
> > > disabled the on board video 1st, put the card in, plugged monitor in new
> > > card, when I restart it recognizes the new card, but when windows loads
> > > (win.
> > > XP pro.)
> > > It detects new hardware, the old on board video (pro savage S3 8A26) and
> > > then restarts itself?
> > >
> > > Any help will be appreciated,
> > > Mark

Did you move the video cable to the new card?

>I dont have any of the manuals that came with, built for my dad, given to
>my
> daughter, I looked online at ASUS and found a manual but just dont see
> where
> to disable on-board video
>
> "scubaflyer" wrote:
>
>> I looked but could'nt find where to disable, I did see where I could set
>> video For AGP,PCI, or onboard and bios is set at PCI already.
>>
>> Mark
>>
>> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>>
>> > Did you disable the onboard video in the BIOS?
>> > --
>> > Cari (MS-MVP Windows Client - Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
>> > www.coribright.com
>> >
>> > "scubaflyer" <scubaflyer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Yes I did.