Formatting problems with Nero

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

I have multiple Flash animations that I would like to burn to a VCD so
I can play them in my DVD player. So I exported the animations as AVI
files, which Nero says it supports. Now playing these files in
something like WinAmp looks fine. However once I put them in Nero I
can tell somethings wrong. By looking at the thumbnails it gives you
in the DVD menu options, I can see that much of the right side of the
picture has been cut off and stuck on the left side. Watching the
burned VCD on my TV confirmed this. I have tried exporting the AVI
flash movie in all different dimensions and sizes, with no luck. I
tried exporting it to exactly 352x240 (what Nero sets the resolution
at) and many other sizes. Nothing seems to work. Any help would be
greatly appreciated!!

>I have multiple Flash animations that I would like to burn to a VCD so
>I can play them in my DVD player. So I exported the animations as AVI
>files, which Nero says it supports. Now playing these files in
>something like WinAmp looks fine. However once I put them in Nero I
>can tell somethings wrong. By looking at the thumbnails it gives you
>in the DVD menu options, I can see that much of the right side of the
>picture has been cut off and stuck on the left side. Watching the
>burned VCD on my TV confirmed this. I have tried exporting the AVI
>flash movie in all different dimensions and sizes, with no luck. I
>tried exporting it to exactly 352x240 (what Nero sets the resolution
>at) and many other sizes. Nothing seems to work. Any help would be
>greatly appreciated!!

Sounds like you are on the correct track in worrying about the image size. Get
VirtualDub (free) and transcode your original video files using the "smart
resize" filter. The new files must precisely match what your DVD authoring
software wants for an input.
webpa