Use oversize CD-R(800M) in nero

I am currently try to burn a mpeg file (about 750M) and I have got a
CD-R with capacity of 800M. But when I use nero to burn the file, it
said my CD only has 700M. Why is that ??? Is there a limitaion on the
nero or my CD burner ??
Please help. Thanks

Jennifer
3 answers Last reply
More about oversize 800m nero

    Jennifer wrote:

    > I am currently try to burn a mpeg file (about 750M) and I have got a
    > CD-R with capacity of 800M. But when I use nero to burn the file, it
    > said my CD only has 700M. Why is that ??? Is there a limitaion on the
    > nero or my CD burner ??
    > Please help. Thanks
    >
    > Jennifer

    Where did you even find the media?

    Also, you may find after burning that some if not most CD-ROM drives may
    have problems reading it. I've had problems when putting 700 MB on a
    disc, but your mileage may vary.

    By the way, Sony 8X multi-format DVD burners (DW-U18A) can be had for
    only $93 (no software or cables) so you might want to look into that
    option.

    http://www.pcalchemy.com/product_info.php/cPath/17/products_id/40
    ( I've never bought from PC Alchemy and don't work for them)

    ~Keith

    On 12 Apr 2004 21:38:48 -0700, jenniferliao@hotmail.com (Jennifer)
    wrote:

    >I am currently try to burn a mpeg file (about 750M) and I have got a
    >CD-R with capacity of 800M. But when I use nero to burn the file, it
    >said my CD only has 700M. Why is that ??? Is there a limitaion on the
    >nero or my CD burner ??

    How can I burn CDs that are larger than the standard 74 minutes CDs?
    Such as 80min and 90min CDs?
    http://www.nero.com/en/631933981723825.html
    Your CD Recorder must support the overburning feature. The Recorder must
    support this type of media as well. Some recorders support 80min media
    but will not support 90min or 99min media. You should make sure you have
    the latest version of Nero, though this is supported from Nero 5.0 and
    above.
    And you need to have the latest firmware for your model recorder, as it
    will contain information to enable overburning, but most importantly, it
    will contain Read/Write strategies for new CDR and CDRW brand of media
    and can resolve many issues you may otherwise run into.
    You MUST burn in Disc-At-Once or Disc-At-Once 96 write mode or you can
    not Overburn. The mutlisession mode is not possible, if you want to burn
    such CDs.
    You MUST enable overburning in Nero's File - >Preferences -> Expert
    Features, or if you have Nero Express, do so from More -> Configure ->
    Expert Features.
    And you must deactivate/disable Check for correct disc format from
    within Neros Files -> Preferences -> General, or from within Nero
    Expresss More -> Configure -> General settings.
    When you enable Overburning in Expert Features, you should use the below
    settings based on the size of media you are working with:
    For 80min media set to - 82:00
    For 90min media set to - 89:30
    For 99min media set to - 99:54:74

    Important Note: You can have always 99:54:74 min entered so it will
    always enable burning to the max.

    Keith Clark <clarkphotography@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<407C1AA8.1547EEDC@hotmail.com>...
    > Jennifer wrote:
    >
    > > I am currently try to burn a mpeg file (about 750M) and I have got a
    > > CD-R with capacity of 800M. But when I use nero to burn the file, it
    > > said my CD only has 700M. Why is that ??? Is there a limitaion on the
    > > nero or my CD burner ??
    > > Please help. Thanks
    > >
    > > Jennifer
    >
    > Where did you even find the media?
    >
    > Also, you may find after burning that some if not most CD-ROM drives may
    > have problems reading it. I've had problems when putting 700 MB on a
    > disc, but your mileage may vary.
    >
    > By the way, Sony 8X multi-format DVD burners (DW-U18A) can be had for
    > only $93 (no software or cables) so you might want to look into that
    > option.
    >
    > http://www.pcalchemy.com/product_info.php/cPath/17/products_id/40
    > ( I've never bought from PC Alchemy and don't work for them)
    >
    > ~Keith

    Thanks Keith.

    I brought the medium in Taiwan !!!
    Are you saying if I have a DVD burner then I can handle burning onto the
    oversize CD without using the overburn option ???
    I know this is a silly question but can DVD burner still burn normal VCD ?
    What software should we use to burn DVD ??? Thanks again

    Jennifer

Tuner Cards Burner CD-Rom Nero Graphics