Use oversize CD-R(800M) in nero

Jennifer

I am currently try to burn a mpeg file (about 750M) and I have got a
CD-R with capacity of 800M. But when I use nero to burn the file, it
said my CD only has 700M. Why is that ??? Is there a limitaion on the
nero or my CD burner ??
Please help. Thanks

Jennifer

Jennifer wrote:

> I am currently try to burn a mpeg file (about 750M) and I have got a
> CD-R with capacity of 800M. But when I use nero to burn the file, it
> said my CD only has 700M. Why is that ??? Is there a limitaion on the
> nero or my CD burner ??
> Please help. Thanks
>
> Jennifer

Where did you even find the media?

Also, you may find after burning that some if not most CD-ROM drives may
have problems reading it. I've had problems when putting 700 MB on a
disc, but your mileage may vary.

By the way, Sony 8X multi-format DVD burners (DW-U18A) can be had for
only $93 (no software or cables) so you might want to look into that
option.

http://www.pcalchemy.com/product_info.php/cPath/17/products_id/40
( I've never bought from PC Alchemy and don't work for them)

~Keith

On 12 Apr 2004 21:38:48 -0700, jenniferliao@hotmail.com (Jennifer)
wrote:

>I am currently try to burn a mpeg file (about 750M) and I have got a
>CD-R with capacity of 800M. But when I use nero to burn the file, it
>said my CD only has 700M. Why is that ??? Is there a limitaion on the
>nero or my CD burner ??

How can I burn CDs that are larger than the standard 74 minutes CDs?
Such as 80min and 90min CDs?
http://www.nero.com/en/631933981723825.html
Your CD Recorder must support the overburning feature. The Recorder must
support this type of media as well. Some recorders support 80min media
but will not support 90min or 99min media. You should make sure you have
the latest version of Nero, though this is supported from Nero 5.0 and
above.
And you need to have the latest firmware for your model recorder, as it
will contain information to enable overburning, but most importantly, it
will contain Read/Write strategies for new CDR and CDRW brand of media
and can resolve many issues you may otherwise run into.
You MUST burn in Disc-At-Once or Disc-At-Once 96 write mode or you can
not Overburn. The mutlisession mode is not possible, if you want to burn
such CDs.
You MUST enable overburning in Nero's File - >Preferences -> Expert
Features, or if you have Nero Express, do so from More -> Configure ->
Expert Features.
And you must deactivate/disable Check for correct disc format from
within Neros Files -> Preferences -> General, or from within Nero
Expresss More -> Configure -> General settings.
When you enable Overburning in Expert Features, you should use the below
settings based on the size of media you are working with:
For 80min media set to - 82:00
For 90min media set to - 89:30
For 99min media set to - 99:54:74

Important Note: You can have always 99:54:74 min entered so it will
always enable burning to the max.

Jennifer

Keith Clark <clarkphotography@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<407C1AA8.1547EEDC@hotmail.com>...
> Jennifer wrote:
>
> > I am currently try to burn a mpeg file (about 750M) and I have got a
> > CD-R with capacity of 800M. But when I use nero to burn the file, it
> > said my CD only has 700M. Why is that ??? Is there a limitaion on the
> > nero or my CD burner ??
> > Please help. Thanks
> >
> > Jennifer
>
> Where did you even find the media?
>
> Also, you may find after burning that some if not most CD-ROM drives may
> have problems reading it. I've had problems when putting 700 MB on a
> disc, but your mileage may vary.
>
> By the way, Sony 8X multi-format DVD burners (DW-U18A) can be had for
> only $93 (no software or cables) so you might want to look into that
> option.
>
> http://www.pcalchemy.com/product_info.php/cPath/17/products_id/40
> ( I've never bought from PC Alchemy and don't work for them)
>
> ~Keith

Thanks Keith.

I brought the medium in Taiwan !!!
Are you saying if I have a DVD burner then I can handle burning onto the
oversize CD without using the overburn option ???
I know this is a silly question but can DVD burner still burn normal VCD ?
What software should we use to burn DVD ??? Thanks again

Jennifer