Sign in with
Your question

Is window 8 available in market ?

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 8
December 29, 2011 1:34:53 PM

I want to know window 8 is available in market or is not launched yet ?

More about : window market

December 29, 2011 1:41:57 PM

Not for commercial release and no public beta (coming Feb 2012). Only developer preview for now.
m
l
Related resources
December 29, 2011 1:48:24 PM

thanks for quick reply.
m
l
December 30, 2011 6:29:48 AM

i used the developer preview as main os on my laptop for 4 months now and it does quite fine. havent had any major problem just minorly annoying quirks. and havent tried playing any games on it.
m
l
January 2, 2012 2:19:33 AM

athornfam2 said:
windows 8 is in the market and if you want to you can check this video out so if you don't think it looks good you don't have to download it-->

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwXaFpmE3Nw

Windows8 is not in the market. Windows8 is still in alpha testing.... The earliest expected beta isn't until February. The Windows 8 Developer Preview is intended for, as the name suggests, developers. It's not intended for end-users in any way.
m
l
January 20, 2012 7:10:42 AM

farrengottu said:
i used the developer preview as main os on my laptop for 4 months now and it does quite fine. havent had any major problem just minorly annoying quirks. and havent tried playing any games on it.

Thats your risk that you are apparently willing to take, it should not be used for production purposes, you might get lucky you might not, if not the answer will be a shrug of the shoulders and a DUH
m
l
January 20, 2012 12:27:11 PM

13thmonkey said:
Thats your risk that you are apparently willing to take, it should not be used for production purposes, you might get lucky you might not, if not the answer will be a shrug of the shoulders and a DUH

Why are you insisting that it's so bad to use? It is a DEVELOPER version, it's purpose is to allow developers early access to Windows 8 to develop apps, already. If that is not a production purpose in it's own, then what? :sarcastic: 

Besides what's the risk of it anyway. You won't hurt your system, it might not run some things or not at all or everything just fine. That's all.
m
l
January 20, 2012 12:54:44 PM

I was replying to farrengotu who is using it as his main OS. There was for instance no transition path from public beta win7 to full win7, they will in all likelyhood be no path from dev > beta > bublic beta > retail win8.
there may be undiscovered bugs, this is significantly more likely than in a retail version (and think of how many of those there are).
I was saying its your risk to use it as primary OS, and it is.
m
l
January 20, 2012 1:11:41 PM

Well it all depends on what you want to do with it. You're probably right about it not being a good choice for transition on a working platform in the long run. :) 
m
l
March 4, 2012 1:58:27 PM

Windows 8 is in beta stage and will be available to buy till September or October...
m
l
!