I need to know, what is the best way to capture video from VHS tape to my
computer. I want to capture the video just like it is on the source tape and
transfer it to my computer without any video quality loss. Also, while I'm
capturing, how can I record the video audio and still keep the same audio
level as it is on the source tape? I don't want to adjust the audio level
with the mixer at all, I want to capture the same audio level as it is on the
source tape but my computer mixer has a level control. What can I do to
bypass that control?
--
On Time Recording
"Where MIDI becomes magic"

I tried using all types of recording software and codecs, but my
computer couldn't seem to capture fast enough to avoid dropped frames
and reduced quality. I ended up just plugging my VCR into my camcorder
and recording onto my miniDV tape. No loss in quality this way.