making menus in Movie Maker?

January 26, 2005 9:39:02 AM

Is there a way to make different "menus" on a DVD?
For example, I want to split my Home Video into 5 "sections" so I can
advance quickly to a birthday or xmas or whatever.
When you put the DVD in the player, it will show you the menu options at
start up.

Thanks in advance.
Dave
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 10:43:52 AM

You need a DVD authoring program. Moviemaker 2.1 doesn't have this
capability. Your DVD-RW drive likely came with some software that can
do this. I am a newbie but have done one DVD menu with a program called
WinDVD creator that came with my drive. I think Microsoft recommends a
program called MyDVD by Sonic which is supposed to be good at this
also. I think there are a couple of freeware programs that can do what
you want as well, although I haven't had a chance to find or experiment
with them yet.

RQ
!