Windows XP not recognizing Sony camcorder with firewire

Hello,

I've been video editing for two years with Windows and my camcorder,
but today my Windows XP (sp2) stopped recognizing my Sony DCR-TRV25
when using my 1394 Firewire cable. It has always been plug and play
until today. I even went out and bought a new firewire cable, but that
didn't help. Windows still automatically recognizes the camcorder when
I use a USB cable, but I need the firewire connection to work. Any
suggestions? Please help!

ramesh

Hi,

I have the same problem. I am trying to connect my Sony DCR-TRV33 to Sony
VAIO (XP SP2) through i-link cable. My computer cannot detect the device at
all. However, my computer detects the device and captures the video through
USB cable.

I tried a new i-link cable, does nt work.

I tried my camcorder and i-link cables on both XP SP2 and XP SP1, still does
nt work.

Now I think the only option I have is to check the DV port on the camcorder
to see if that is defective or not.

My concern is if it is a known issue with XP SP2 and IEEE 1394 why not
either Microsoft or Sony or Apple not doing anything about it? If they dont
they are going to frustrate a lot of customers.