Windows XP not recognizing Sony camcorder with firewire

Hello,

I've been video editing for two years with Windows and my camcorder,
but today my Windows XP (sp2) stopped recognizing my Sony DCR-TRV25
when using my 1394 Firewire cable. It has always been plug and play
until today. I even went out and bought a new firewire cable, but that
didn't help. Windows still automatically recognizes the camcorder when
I use a USB cable, but I need the firewire connection to work. Any
suggestions? Please help!
1 answer Last reply
More about windows recognizing sony camcorder firewire

    Hi,

    I have the same problem. I am trying to connect my Sony DCR-TRV33 to Sony
    VAIO (XP SP2) through i-link cable. My computer cannot detect the device at
    all. However, my computer detects the device and captures the video through
    USB cable.

    I tried a new i-link cable, does nt work.

    I tried my camcorder and i-link cables on both XP SP2 and XP SP1, still does
    nt work.

    Now I think the only option I have is to check the DV port on the camcorder
    to see if that is defective or not.

    My concern is if it is a known issue with XP SP2 and IEEE 1394 why not
    either Microsoft or Sony or Apple not doing anything about it? If they dont
    they are going to frustrate a lot of customers.

    "Tookeey" wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I've been video editing for two years with Windows and my camcorder,
    > but today my Windows XP (sp2) stopped recognizing my Sony DCR-TRV25
    > when using my 1394 Firewire cable. It has always been plug and play
    > until today. I even went out and bought a new firewire cable, but that
    > didn't help. Windows still automatically recognizes the camcorder when
    > I use a USB cable, but I need the firewire connection to work. Any
    > suggestions? Please help!

Video Firewire Camcorders Cable Windows XP