Converting videos taken with Canon PS A80

I know that the Canon Powershot A80 is only really meant for use with
taking short clips, but I have taken a couple of videos with that people
have liked.

I would like to be able to put some of the clips on my website, but not
in AVI as I only have dialup. Here's what I got when I used the "Windows
Movie Maker" that I have on XP:
http://timchuma.com/gitgroupie/photos.htm

I have tried a couple of video format conversion programs but they don't
seem to like the format of the AVI file I am converting from.

A combination of Virtualdub & Tmpegenc worked, but the mpeg it generated
was 2.5mb for 14 seconds. Result here:
http://photos.timchuma.com/teamplastique/legsakimbo.mpg

Any suggestions as to how better convert the video file would be
appreciated. I am willing to pay for software if it makes the process a
bit easier.

Format - AVI
Audio fomat: PCM
Sampling rate: 11.24Khz
Sampling levels: 8bit
Mono sound

Size : 320*240
Frame rate: 15f/sec

Thanks.

--
GIT Groupie : http://gitgroupie.timchuma.com
The Twits Give Me the Shits : http://twitsgivemetheshits.timchuma.com

Tim Chmielewski wrote:

> I know that the Canon Powershot A80 is only really meant for use with
> taking short clips, but I have taken a couple of videos with that
> people have liked.
>
> I would like to be able to put some of the clips on my website, but
> not in AVI as I only have dialup. Here's what I got when I used the
> "Windows Movie Maker" that I have on XP:
> http://timchuma.com/gitgroupie/photos.htm
>
> I have tried a couple of video format conversion programs but they
> don't seem to like the format of the AVI file I am converting from.
>
> A combination of Virtualdub & Tmpegenc worked, but the mpeg it
> generated was 2.5mb for 14 seconds. Result here:
> http://photos.timchuma.com/teamplastique/legsakimbo.mpg
>
> Any suggestions as to how better convert the video file would be
> appreciated. I am willing to pay for software if it makes the process
> a bit easier.
>
> Format - AVI
> Audio fomat: PCM
> Sampling rate: 11.24Khz