How to select MainConcept DV decoder in AE?

When I import DV clips in After Effects 6 on Win2k, it always says
"Microsoft DV". I'd like to try my MainConcept DV codec instead
because it has some special decoder features, but how do I select it?
I tried disabling the MS codec with "regsvr32.exe /u qcap.dll", but
nothing changed.

"Gammaburst" <spambots@eat.this> wrote in message
> When I import DV clips in After Effects 6 on Win2k, it always says
> "Microsoft DV". I'd like to try my MainConcept DV codec instead
> because it has some special decoder features, but how do I select it?
> I tried disabling the MS codec with "regsvr32.exe /u qcap.dll", but
> nothing changed.

Try VCSwap.
You can control all your video codecs with it. I have to use it if needing
to use Premiere insead of Avid, since Premiere doesn't "like" the
MainConcept codec for some reason, so it has to be disabled.

Robin.

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 17:48:00 +0100, "Robin Davies-Rollinson" <robin
@ffilmiau-fflur.co.uk> wrote:
>"Gammaburst" <spambots@eat.this> wrote in message
>> When I import DV clips in After Effects 6 on Win2k, it always says
>> "Microsoft DV". I'd like to try my MainConcept DV codec instead
>> because it has some special decoder features, but how do I select it?
>> I tried disabling the MS codec with "regsvr32.exe /u qcap.dll", but
>> nothing changed.
>
>Try VCSwap.
>You can control all your video codecs with it. I have to use it if needing
>to use Premiere insead of Avid, since Premiere doesn't "like" the
>MainConcept codec for some reason, so it has to be disabled.
>
>Robin.

That's a nifty utility, thanks, but unfortunately it manipulates only
VfW codecs, and the Microsoft DV decoder seems to be DirectShow.