CRT vs LCD

I understand that for gaming especially it's not nearly as good on LCD, but
does anyone here have experience gaming with DVI enabled card/TFT display?

Yeah, I use a Syncmaster 193T from Samsung. It's fine, believe me.
Certainly a CRT is better but it's really not something to get excited
about. I also edit video for broadcast on TV, and it's also just fine. The
only problem I've run into not using a 'real' monitor is hiccups with the
'safe zones' at the edge of the image.

"Richard Cavell" <richardcavell@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Yeah, I use a Syncmaster 193T from Samsung. It's fine, believe me.
> Certainly a CRT is better but it's really not something to get excited
> about. I also edit video for broadcast on TV, and it's also just fine.
The
> only problem I've run into not using a 'real' monitor is hiccups with the
> 'safe zones' at the edge of the image.

I have a Samsung SyncMaster too, as well as 4 other LCDs. I like it
the best of what I have, except for my laptop. I still feel the need for a
waveform monitor, vector-scope, and a broadcast monitor (not a TV
or presentation monitor).

David