  • Video
  • Cameras
  • Windows XP
January 28, 2005 7:41:09 PM

First - I was wondering if anyone has seen a driver for the sound portion of
the iSight Webcam???

2nd - Is any one having problems getting the iSight to work after installing
XP SP2?? I put my camera in the drawer when I moved my System and this is
the first time I've tried to attach it since I updated the OS to sp2. Prior
to the update the camera was working just fine now I can't seem to get it to
work?? As usual Device Manager/Imaging Devices reports the "Generic 1394
Desktop Camera" is working properly and Device Manager/Other Devices has the
two unknown devices just as before. But the Webcam isn't working... any
suggestions would be appreciated.
CES

More about : apple isight sp2 machine

Anonymous
February 26, 2005 8:01:01 AM

You said the sound portion of the iSight, I have been wondering for ages
wether there was a way for my to use my ICT with My windows computer. Is
there any drivers that need installing?
Thanks for your time

Daniel

"CES" wrote:

> First - I was wondering if anyone has seen a driver for the sound portion of
> the iSight Webcam???
>
> 2nd - Is any one having problems getting the iSight to work after installing
> XP SP2?? I put my camera in the drawer when I moved my System and this is
> the first time I've tried to attach it since I updated the OS to sp2. Prior
> to the update the camera was working just fine now I can't seem to get it to
> work?? As usual Device Manager/Imaging Devices reports the "Generic 1394
> Desktop Camera" is working properly and Device Manager/Other Devices has the
> two unknown devices just as before. But the Webcam isn't working... any
> suggestions would be appreciated.
> CES

March 5, 2005 7:11:58 AM

DanielWalters6 wrote:
> You said the sound portion of the iSight, I have been wondering for
ages
> wether there was a way for my to use my ICT with My windows computer.
Is
> there any drivers that need installing?
> Thanks for your time

I have it working (without sound). I installed the CMU driver
http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/~iwan/1394/support.html to get there. The only
problem is that every time I connect it I have to tell windows *not* to
look for a driver for the device... twice! Just cancel both dialogs.

-Ddave
!