can't play my dvd's

January 29, 2005 1:53:57 PM

can any please help me? i am a newcomer to trying to download films from
the web and having no luck. i can download the films, no problem, i then
have used nero and tmpgenc to write them to my disc, that seems all
right. the problems arise when i try to play them on my stand alone dvd
player.
my writer is a NEC 3520 and i am using datawrite 4.7 dvd r discs.
hope anyone can help,i'm getting desperate. cheers

--
crock

More about : play dvd

Anonymous
January 29, 2005 1:53:58 PM

hi there..ive also tried the method you tried with the same outcome.....now i
use WINAVI video converter v6.0...now everything works and im using a sony
dvd player (stand alone)..which are normally a pain to play copied dvds..this
program converts the files straight to dvd files..not mpeg etc..you can
covert just about anything to dvd..avi,divx.xvid etc..and its the quickest
ive tried..normally between 30 - 60 mins depending on the length and size of
film you are converting...my pc is using (athlon3200+),which is 2.2
ghz...happy converting
"crock" wrote:

> can any please help me? i am a newcomer to trying to download films from
> the web and having no luck. i can download the films, no problem, i then
> have used nero and tmpgenc to write them to my disc, that seems all
> right. the problems arise when i try to play them on my stand alone dvd
> player.
> my writer is a NEC 3520 and i am using datawrite 4.7 dvd r discs.
> hope anyone can help,i'm getting desperate. cheers
>

> --
> crock

Anonymous
January 30, 2005 8:27:02 PM