Copy Sony Hi8XR video to DVD

I have several videos that I have taken with my Sony CCD-TRV65 Hi8XR video
camera of cruises and grand kids activities. I want to share them on DVD
with my children. What do I need to do to get them first onto my hard drive
then burned to DVD disc?
I have cables to connect camera to tv for watching these videos but would
love to get them onto my hard disc and to DVDs.

--
Winfield

Depends on how many you have and how much you want to spend.
Canopus do the advc range of external analogue to digital convertors,
absolutly superb, won't give you any trouble, not the cheapest.
Miglia do some as good.
The likes of dazzle etc at the cheaper end come up often in the n/g with
problems, ranging from difficulty in connecting to audio/video out of sync.
These are cheaper.
Then you could buy a new digital camcorder if you are thinking of upgrading,
and buy one which supports pass through, which menas you could connect the
old cam to the new one and record to the pc.
There are also things like buying graphics cards with video in, but this
would be last on my list.

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"Winfield" <Winfield@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have several videos that I have taken with my Sony CCD-TRV65 Hi8XR video
> camera of cruises and grand kids activities. I want to share them on DVD
> with my children. What do I need to do to get them first onto my hard
drive
> then burned to DVD disc?
> I have cables to connect camera to tv for watching these videos but would
> love to get them onto my hard disc and to DVDs.
>
> --
> Winfield

I also own a Hi8 video camera and I use the Adaptec VideOh! DVD to transfer
my video onto the hard drive - only after I upgrade from the USB1.1 to USB
2.0. as it helps to speed up the converson.

Lang