Vegas Transitions

Hi,

I really enjoy using vega, but there is'nt enough video transitions ...
Do you know if we can have more transition ( a plugins or anything else
). Studio 9 has lot, but i prefer using vegas !

/Thanks

> I really enjoy using vega, but there is'nt enough video transitions ...
> Do you know if we can have more transition ( a plugins or anything else
> ). Studio 9 has lot, but i prefer using vegas !

Last time I checked, Studio 9 can't even do progressive transitions -
interlaced only. What a joke!

The only real plug-in package for Vegas is Boris Red 3GL (www.borisfx.com).
The good news is, it's one of the very best ones available (used by a lot of
us Avid folks). The bad news is, it ain't cheap.

Randy

"Randy Brown" <NotMyAddress@all.com> wrote in message
> The only real plug-in package for Vegas is Boris Red 3GL
(www.borisfx.com).
> The good news is, it's one of the very best ones available (used by a lot
of
> us Avid folks). The bad news is, it ain't cheap.

What about Pixelan? (www.pixelan.com or
http://www.pixelan.com/sm2vegas/intro.htm)

It may not be as "professional" as Boris but having $99 price tag it gives
you more bang on the buck, or? Boris may be the Rolls Royce but IMHO it is
way too expensive for personal use.

The only drawback on pixelan is that it does not fully integrate to Vegas
i.e. you cannot preview transition in Pixelan's own preview window but
Vegas's own preview works fine and you cannot have cursor sync on when
setting keyframes, but on the other hand you can sync the cursor manually.
Also if you change the length of the clip, you need to delete the transition
and reapply it. But this is something that Imay have got wrong.

> Randy

// MRe

You get what you pay for.

Randy

"Matti Remonen" <noname@invalid.com> wrote in message
> "Randy Brown" <NotMyAddress@all.com> wrote in message
> > The only real plug-in package for Vegas is Boris Red 3GL
> (www.borisfx.com).
> > The good news is, it's one of the very best ones available (used by a
lot
> of
> > us Avid folks). The bad news is, it ain't cheap.
>
> What about Pixelan? (www.pixelan.com or
> http://www.pixelan.com/sm2vegas/intro.htm)
>
> It may not be as "professional" as Boris but having $99 price tag it gives
> you more bang on the buck, or? Boris may be the Rolls Royce but IMHO it is
> way too expensive for personal use.
>
> The only drawback on pixelan is that it does not fully integrate to Vegas
> i.e. you cannot preview transition in Pixelan's own preview window but
> Vegas's own preview works fine and you cannot have cursor sync on when
> setting keyframes, but on the other hand you can sync the cursor manually.
> Also if you change the length of the clip, you need to delete the
transition
> and reapply it. But this is something that Imay have got wrong.
>

> > Randy
>
> // MRe

Use Vegas fx filters for transitions. Easy to use, looks great and gives you
tons of options.

Craig H.