What do I need to copy non digital video onto a DVD using ..

I am interested in buying a PC in the near future and I want to be
able to transfer HI 8 and VHS videos to DVD. What type of add ons are
necessary to create decent quality DVDs from analog source material?
Do I need special video cards or other capture equipment?

> I am interested in buying a PC in the near future and I want to be
> able to transfer HI 8 and VHS videos to DVD. What type of add ons are
> necessary to create decent quality DVDs from analog source material?
> Do I need special video cards or other capture equipment?

You basically need a video capture card, software to edit, and a dvd
burner. Look here for the hardware:

http://www.dvdrhelp.com/capturecards

http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdwriters

and here for the software and procedures:

http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/capture/start.html

http://www.dvdrhelp.com/forum/userguides/181153.php

go to www.videoguys.com, and you can find out all about it. Best site on
the net. Read ALL the articles. Very informative.

On 17 Apr 2004 17:21:43 -0700, googlegroup@cowcope.com (Darren
Yatadooet) wrote:

>I am interested in buying a PC in the near future and I want to be
>able to transfer HI 8 and VHS videos to DVD. What type of add ons are
>necessary to create decent quality DVDs from analog source material?
>Do I need special video cards or other capture equipment?

why don't you just go to a pc shop and ask?

> why don't you just go to a pc shop and ask?

Because he came to Usenet for answers.