Volume Problems when Playing DVDs

I've got a Dell inspiron 600, with Windows Media Player. The volume is fine
in a quiet room, but on a plane I can barely hear anything with headsets.
I've got the computer volume set to high, and turn the Dell program volume up
as far as it goes, but it's not loud enough. I've called Dell about the
problem and everything seems to be fine with the volume program/settings. Is
there another program I can download (media or otherwise) or a piece of
hardware I can buy to make the volume louder? Thanks.
3 answers Last reply
More about volume problems playing dvds

    Hello

    No all laptops are like does not really matter who
    they are made by

    Al

    HonorKF wrote:

    > I've got a Dell inspiron 600, with Windows Media Player. The volume is fine
    > in a quiet room, but on a plane I can barely hear anything with headsets.
    > I've got the computer volume set to high, and turn the Dell program volume up
    > as far as it goes, but it's not loud enough. I've called Dell about the
    > problem and everything seems to be fine with the volume program/settings. Is
    > there another program I can download (media or otherwise) or a piece of
    > hardware I can buy to make the volume louder? Thanks.

    Hearing Aid??
    peter
    "HonorKF" <HonorKF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I've got a Dell inspiron 600, with Windows Media Player. The volume is fine
    > in a quiet room, but on a plane I can barely hear anything with headsets.
    > I've got the computer volume set to high, and turn the Dell program volume up
    > as far as it goes, but it's not loud enough. I've called Dell about the
    > problem and everything seems to be fine with the volume program/settings. Is
    > there another program I can download (media or otherwise) or a piece of
    > hardware I can buy to make the volume louder? Thanks.

    On an airplane, a set of closed, noise cancelling headphones might help
    here. And yes, you are not crazy. DVD audio mix can vary significantly as
    it represents a mix for a quiet theater with surround sound. You will
    notice this at home two where you might have turned up the volume to hear
    the dialog and then it gets too loud during action scenes.

    "HonorKF" <HonorKF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I've got a Dell inspiron 600, with Windows Media Player. The volume is
    fine
    > in a quiet room, but on a plane I can barely hear anything with headsets.
    > I've got the computer volume set to high, and turn the Dell program volume
    up
    > as far as it goes, but it's not loud enough. I've called Dell about the
    > problem and everything seems to be fine with the volume program/settings.
    Is
    > there another program I can download (media or otherwise) or a piece of
    > hardware I can buy to make the volume louder? Thanks.

Video Windows XP