volume problem when playing DVD's

I've got a Dell Inspiron 600 with Dell Media Player. When I play DVD's in a
quiet room, no problem, but on a plane, for example, I can barely hear the
movie with headsets. I've got the volume settings on the computer turned all
the way up and even had a phone conference with Dell about it, but even with
the volume turned up full-blast on the Dell program it's not loud enough. Is
there another media player or other software, or even some hardware that can
help with this problem? Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about volume problem playing

    On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 13:19:01 -0800, "honorkf"
    <honorkf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >I've got a Dell Inspiron 600 with Dell Media Player. When I play DVD's in a
    >quiet room, no problem, but on a plane, for example, I can barely hear the
    >movie with headsets. I've got the volume settings on the computer turned all
    >the way up and even had a phone conference with Dell about it, but even with
    >the volume turned up full-blast on the Dell program it's not loud enough. Is
    >there another media player or other software, or even some hardware that can
    >help with this problem? Thanks
    Have you opened up your soundcards mixer?
    Usually, there are two volume controls "waveout" and "master"

    Dave

Video Dell Media Player Windows XP