Pinnacle Edition - Transition problems... help!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 18, 2004 5:35:04 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.production,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

I'm running Pinnacle Liquid Edition 5.5

All of the sudden, I can no longer add ransitions between video clips
unless the transition is only 00:00:00,01 in length

I find that the little bar you can move around (not sure what its
called - please see screenshot) now has a lighter, second bar next to
it - exactly 00:00:00,01 away from it. I'm guessing these two issues
are related, but I cannot find any documentation on how to fix it.

Does anyone have any clue what I'm talking about?

Thank you in advance for any help provided...

screenshot: http://66.197.117.133/pinnacle_screenshot.gif

-=Lazzerous=-
Anonymous
April 19, 2004 11:07:44 AM

"Lazzerous" <pmcgovern@cinch.com> skrev i en meddelelse
> I'm running Pinnacle Liquid Edition 5.5
>
> All of the sudden, I can no longer add ransitions between video clips
> unless the transition is only 00:00:00,01 in length
>
> I find that the little bar you can move around (not sure what its
> called - please see screenshot) now has a lighter, second bar next to
> it - exactly 00:00:00,01 away from it. I'm guessing these two issues
> are related, but I cannot find any documentation on how to fix it.
>
> Does anyone have any clue what I'm talking about?
>
> Thank you in advance for any help provided...
>
> screenshot: http://66.197.117.133/pinnacle_screenshot.gif
>
> -=Lazzerous=-

Hi,

I'm not quite sure what you mean - I have never seen this before.
You could try the pinnacle webboard:
http://webboard.pinnaclesys.com and go to software solutions and then Liquid
Edition and ask there.

/Ulf
Anonymous
April 19, 2004 2:42:34 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.production,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

It seems to me that what you are looking at is a FULLY zoomed-in part of the
timeline that is showing the start and finish marks on one frame. That is
normal at this magnification.

Quite how the screenshot relates to your transition-duration settings I am
not sure. Perhaps you are misreading something. I assume you know that
when you click on the transition marker and select duration you get a second
box below the (last default) first which you can then change to whatever
duration you require.

--
Maurice Fleisher: <videoenterprises@btconnect.com>
www.videoenterprises-uk.co.uk
<remove_it_mail@uhl-video.dk> wrote in message

> "Lazzerous" <pmcgovern@cinch.com> skrev i en meddelelse
> > I'm running Pinnacle Liquid Edition 5.5
> >
> > All of the sudden, I can no longer add ransitions between video clips
> > unless the transition is only 00:00:00,01 in length
> >
> > I find that the little bar you can move around (not sure what its
> > called - please see screenshot) now has a lighter, second bar next to
> > it - exactly 00:00:00,01 away from it. I'm guessing these two issues
> > are related, but I cannot find any documentation on how to fix it.
> >
> > Does anyone have any clue what I'm talking about?
> >
> > Thank you in advance for any help provided...
> >
> > screenshot: http://66.197.117.133/pinnacle_screenshot.gif
> >
> > -=Lazzerous=-
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm not quite sure what you mean - I have never seen this before.
> You could try the pinnacle webboard:
> http://webboard.pinnaclesys.com and go to software solutions and then
Liquid
> Edition and ask there.
>
> /Ulf

April 19, 2004 5:08:02 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.production,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

When I extend the duration of a transition, the gray bar turns red
past 00:00:00,01 worth of transition time...

"Maurice Fleisher" <maurice_vidents@btconnect.com> wrote in message news:<c60aeq$alj$1@titan.btinternet.com>...
> It seems to me that what you are looking at is a FULLY zoomed-in part of the
> timeline that is showing the start and finish marks on one frame. That is
> normal at this magnification.
>
> Quite how the screenshot relates to your transition-duration settings I am
> not sure. Perhaps you are misreading something. I assume you know that
> when you click on the transition marker and select duration you get a second
> box below the (last default) first which you can then change to whatever
> duration you require.
>
> --
> Maurice Fleisher: <videoenterprises@btconnect.com>
> www.videoenterprises-uk.co.uk
> High Wycombe. UK
> This message has been scanned for viruses"Ulf Laursen"
> <remove_it_mail@uhl-video.dk> wrote in message
> >
> > "Lazzerous" <pmcgovern@cinch.com> skrev i en meddelelse
> > > I'm running Pinnacle Liquid Edition 5.5
> > >
> > > All of the sudden, I can no longer add ransitions between video clips
> > > unless the transition is only 00:00:00,01 in length
> > >
> > > I find that the little bar you can move around (not sure what its
> > > called - please see screenshot) now has a lighter, second bar next to
> > > it - exactly 00:00:00,01 away from it. I'm guessing these two issues
> > > are related, but I cannot find any documentation on how to fix it.
> > >
> > > Does anyone have any clue what I'm talking about?
> > >
> > > Thank you in advance for any help provided...
> > >
> > > screenshot: http://66.197.117.133/pinnacle_screenshot.gif
> > >
> > > -=Lazzerous=-
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm not quite sure what you mean - I have never seen this before.
> > You could try the pinnacle webboard:
> > http://webboard.pinnaclesys.com and go to software solutions and then
> Liquid
> > Edition and ask there.
> >
> > /Ulf

Anonymous
April 21, 2004 1:24:57 AM

Archived from groups: rec.video.production,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

The red bar indicates that you do not have enough (in your case none at all)
overlap in your clips to accommodate the transition effect. If you think of
it in terms of A-B roll mode you will know that clips must overlap for at
least the length of the transition. You should physically shorten the clips
by however long you wish the transition to take. This will give you the
necessary overlap.....or you could do it using the trim tool to drag the
relevant clip ends left and right. Remember, when you razor a clip on the
timeline you do not eliminate the cut-away bits which are now hidden but can
be extended into view on the timeline by dragging the ends, provided you can
see a black arrow at your curser position which is an indication that there
IS more clip available.

--

!