Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Can't export from Premiere Pro to DV recorder

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
Anonymous
April 19, 2004 2:02:47 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

Gidday

I'm 1 day into a 30 day trial of Premiere, and I'm finding the product
impressive and relatively easy to use. (I'm also using about 5% of
its capacity!! <g>)

But ... although I can create AVI files and even burn DVDs, I can't
get it to send files to my Sony DV camcorder.

Indeed, after I try, I then find I can't preview in Premiere while the
camcorder is connected to my PC.

I'm obviously doing something dumb - I just don't know what.

Help!!!

TIA


Shane Baker
______________________
sbaker@pcug.org.au
Canberra, Australia
Anonymous
April 19, 2004 2:02:48 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

"Shane Baker" <sbaker@pcug.org.au> wrote in message
news:li5680p4dd4qmirtvtg043ut99ipq7mna0@4ax.com...
> Gidday
>
> I'm 1 day into a 30 day trial of Premiere, and I'm finding the product
> impressive and relatively easy to use. (I'm also using about 5% of
> its capacity!! <g>)
>
> But ... although I can create AVI files and even burn DVDs, I can't
> get it to send files to my Sony DV camcorder.
>
> Indeed, after I try, I then find I can't preview in Premiere while the
> camcorder is connected to my PC.
>
> I'm obviously doing something dumb - I just don't know what.
>
> Help!!!
>
> TIA
>
>
> Shane Baker
> ______________________
> sbaker@pcug.org.au
> Canberra, Australia

What mode do you have the Sony in? I just did this yesterday with a TVR30
(camera in VCR mode) connected by firewire.

Jack
Anonymous
April 19, 2004 6:24:08 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 22:06:48 -0400, "Jack Hayes"
<atrei@cyberbeach.net> wrote:

>"Shane Baker" <sbaker@pcug.org.au> wrote in message
>news:li5680p4dd4qmirtvtg043ut99ipq7mna0@4ax.com...
>> Gidday
>>
>> I'm 1 day into a 30 day trial of Premiere, and I'm finding the product
>> impressive and relatively easy to use. (I'm also using about 5% of
>> its capacity!! <g>)
>>
>> But ... although I can create AVI files and even burn DVDs, I can't
>> get it to send files to my Sony DV camcorder.
>>
>> Indeed, after I try, I then find I can't preview in Premiere while the
>> camcorder is connected to my PC.
>>
>> I'm obviously doing something dumb - I just don't know what.
>
>What mode do you have the Sony in? I just did this yesterday with a TVR30
>(camera in VCR mode) connected by firewire.

Jack

It's a DCR-TRV-15E

I can capture from it just fine!



Shane Baker
______________________
sbaker@pcug.org.au
Canberra, Australia
Related resources
April 19, 2004 6:24:09 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

You would have to tell us exactly how you are trying to do this. For
example - Are you using "activate recording deck" feature?


> It's a DCR-TRV-15E

Is this a PAL camcorder? If it is, check your project settings, to
make sure you are not trying to export an NTSC (default choice for
Premiere, at least in US) project to a PAL camcorder.
Anonymous
April 19, 2004 8:15:21 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

"Shane Baker" <sbaker@pcug.org.au> wrote in message
news:li5680p4dd4qmirtvtg043ut99ipq7mna0@4ax.com...

> But ... although I can create AVI files and even burn DVDs, I can't
> get it to send files to my Sony DV camcorder.

I'm not familiar with which camcorder you have, but to go through the
obvious things:

1. You have attached the power supply to your camcorder.
2. You have put it in VCR mode.
3. You have connected a firewire cable to both PC and camcorder
4. That firewire cable is recognized by Windows and the camcorder is
recognized as a device of some kind.
5. You have pressed record and play on your camcorder.
6. You have selected "print to video" in Premiere and selected 'ok'. Your
screen has gone black.
7. The video should now be playing on your camcorder viewfinder and the
tape should be recording.

> Indeed, after I try, I then find I can't preview in Premiere while the
> camcorder is connected to my PC.

Yeah, neither can I. All output goes to the viewfinder/LCD fold out screen
in that case.
Anonymous
April 20, 2004 11:59:52 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

Mea culpa!!!

By a wondrous process I call "trial and error", I found the problem to
be hardware - and not the unfamiliar software!

A different firewire socket works perfectly.

My sincere apologies to everyone who wasted time reading and replying
to my hasty post.

I shall now sick my tongue in a light socket .......

Regards


Shane Baker
______________________
sbaker@pcug.org.au
Canberra, Australia
April 20, 2004 11:59:53 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

> I shall now sick my tongue in a light socket .......
>

No need for that. It wasn't even your mistake. Personally I think that
if you have a fw card with 3 ports - then 3 of them should work. I'd
replace it just in case, they are cheap.
Anonymous
April 21, 2004 11:50:07 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

On 20 Apr 2004 10:05:58 -0700, igarber@optonline.net (Igor) wrote:

>> I shall now sick my tongue in a light socket .......
>
>No need for that. It wasn't even your mistake. Personally I think that
>if you have a fw card with 3 ports - then 3 of them should work. I'd
>replace it just in case, they are cheap.

Thanks.

Actually, I'm now lucky enough to have firewire on the motherboard -
which is what I'm using now.

What I'd REALLY like is one of the Canopus cards with both analogue
and firewire. If only I could get "her indoors" to see the sense of
such a purchase ....

Regards


Shane Baker
______________________
sbaker@pcug.org.au
Canberra, Australia
!