Pinnacle 8 vs 9 capture hardware

At the risk of starting a flame war I have a question regarding
Pinnacle Studio Deluxe 8 vs 9.

Is the video capture hardware any different/better between the 2
products? Is it just a software improvement? Is there any reason to
believe that 9 would do a better job of capturing old crummy/noisy
home VHS movies for subsequent conversion to DVD.

tks
Don
WA5NGP

Don WA5NGP wrote:

> Is the video capture hardware any different/better between the 2
> products? Is it just a software improvement? Is there any reason to
> believe that 9 would do a better job of capturing old crummy/noisy
> home VHS movies for subsequent conversion to DVD.

I believe the hardware is the same. But if your problem is a noisy
source, I think you'd be best off getting a TBC unit to re-create your
video sync signal. I use this one:
http://www.avtoolbox.com/avt8710.shtml

-WD