cannot play mpeg/mpg-files

February 6, 2005 7:53:01 AM

hi!
I have a major problem with my media player or/and the rest of the XP! I
cannot play mpeg/mpg-files! When I try with Medi Player 10 i get the "error"
message, and that the program needs to close. Then I tried to play
mpeg/mpg-files in winamp and another media player but i got the same message!
The mediaplayer(& the other mediaplayers) can play avi & wma-files, but non
of them can play mpeg/mpg-files

anybody here who might know what the problem is and how to fix it?

More about : play mpeg mpg files

Anonymous
February 6, 2005 2:26:52 PM

You need a to get a program such as Cyberlink's PowerDVD.

Jon wrote:
> hi!
> I have a major problem with my media player or/and the rest of the XP! I
> cannot play mpeg/mpg-files! When I try with Medi Player 10 i get the "error"
> message, and that the program needs to close. Then I tried to play
> mpeg/mpg-files in winamp and another media player but i got the same message!
> The mediaplayer(& the other mediaplayers) can play avi & wma-files, but non
> of them can play mpeg/mpg-files
>
> anybody here who might know what the problem is and how to fix it?
February 6, 2005 2:26:53 PM

Cyberlink's PowerDVD was one of the other media players...it didn't
work...any other tips?

"Kenneth J. Harris" wrote:

> You need a to get a program such as Cyberlink's PowerDVD.
>

> Jon wrote:
> > hi!
> > I have a major problem with my media player or/and the rest of the XP! I
> > cannot play mpeg/mpg-files! When I try with Medi Player 10 i get the "error"
> > message, and that the program needs to close. Then I tried to play
> > mpeg/mpg-files in winamp and another media player but i got the same message!
> > The mediaplayer(& the other mediaplayers) can play avi & wma-files, but non
> > of them can play mpeg/mpg-files
> >
> > anybody here who might know what the problem is and how to fix it?

February 6, 2005 7:42:26 PM

Is this a new problem? Did it used to play mpeg's and doesn't now or
did it never play them?

Jon wrote:
> Cyberlink's PowerDVD was one of the other media players...it didn't
> work...any other tips?
>
> "Kenneth J. Harris" wrote:
>

>>You need a to get a program such as Cyberlink's PowerDVD.
>>

>>Jon wrote:
>>
>>>hi!
>>>I have a major problem with my media player or/and the rest of the XP! I
>>>cannot play mpeg/mpg-files! When I try with Medi Player 10 i get the "error"
>>>message, and that the program needs to close. Then I tried to play
>>>mpeg/mpg-files in winamp and another media player but i got the same message!
>>>The mediaplayer(& the other mediaplayers) can play avi & wma-files, but non
>>>of them can play mpeg/mpg-files
>>>
>>>anybody here who might know what the problem is and how to fix it?

February 6, 2005 7:42:27 PM

it has allways been possible to play mpeg-files until yesterday...the only
thing I did with the machine yesterday was to install Adobe Premier
Pro...This program can of course be the source of the problem, but i've taken
virusscans og diskcleanings and
un- and re-installed this program to check if this was the reason...
"Kenneth J. Harris" wrote:

> Is this a new problem? Did it used to play mpeg's and doesn't now or
> did it never play them?
>
> Jon wrote:
> > Cyberlink's PowerDVD was one of the other media players...it didn't
> > work...any other tips?
> >
> > "Kenneth J. Harris" wrote:
> >

> >>You need a to get a program such as Cyberlink's PowerDVD.

Anonymous
February 6, 2005 7:59:25 PM

If you uninstalled Adobe Premier and it still won't play mpeg's try
looking here: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/mp10/erro...
Scroll through the whole thing and see if anything applies to your
problem. That's about all I can think of.

Jon wrote:

> it has allways been possible to play mpeg-files until yesterday...the only
> thing I did with the machine yesterday was to install Adobe Premier
> Pro...This program can of course be the source of the problem, but i've taken
> virusscans og diskcleanings and
> un- and re-installed this program to check if this was the reason...
> "Kenneth J. Harris" wrote:
>

>>Is this a new problem? Did it used to play mpeg's and doesn't now or
>>did it never play them?
>>
>>Jon wrote:
>>
>>>Cyberlink's PowerDVD was one of the other media players...it didn't
>>>work...any other tips?

Anonymous
February 7, 2005 2:02:33 AM

Try system restore to a point previous to installing adobe premiere.

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"Kenneth J. Harris" <kharris@suffolk.lib.ny.us> wrote in message
> If you uninstalled Adobe Premier and it still won't play mpeg's try
> looking here:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/mp10/erro...
> Scroll through the whole thing and see if anything applies to your
> problem. That's about all I can think of.
>
> Jon wrote:
>
> > it has allways been possible to play mpeg-files until yesterday...the
only
> > thing I did with the machine yesterday was to install Adobe Premier
> > Pro...This program can of course be the source of the problem, but i've
taken
> > virusscans og diskcleanings and
> > un- and re-installed this program to check if this was the reason...
> > "Kenneth J. Harris" wrote:
> >

> >>Is this a new problem? Did it used to play mpeg's and doesn't now or
> >>did it never play them?

XP! I

February 7, 2005 1:08:44 PM

Reinstall PowerDVD. Premiere may have installed a codec which is not
compatible with your system.

--
Rehan
www.rehanfx.org - get more effects and transitions for Windows Movie Maker