Red Letter Day, what's that?

On 6/15/2005 7:07 PM Jay brightened our day with:

>Is this like a well-known expression or something along those lines?
>
>Jay

Red letters are traditionally used in calendars to mark holidays and
other days of note.

--
"I don't feel tardy"

Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
www.inglostadt.com

jay

I see. I thought of the word "letter" as in the paper that goes in an
envelope, I don't know why ; )
Thanks for the info L : )

J.

"LymanAlpha" <ioo@??.¿¿¿> wrote in message
> On 6/15/2005 7:07 PM Jay brightened our day with:
>
>>Is this like a well-known expression or something along those lines?
>>
>>Jay
>>

> Red letters are traditionally used in calendars to mark holidays and other
> days of note.
> --
> "I don't feel tardy"
>
> Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
> www.inglostadt.com

The expression "red letter day" is used to refer to a momentous, celebratory
event or circumstance to be elated about.