How to transfer video from JVC DVL9000 to PC (via Firewire)

RJ

Does anyone know how to transfer video-data from the JVC DVL9000 digital
camera to the PC. De camera came out in 2000 and JVC did not make a
firewire-driver for WinXP for this camera, while the camera does has
FireWire.
Is there any way to transfer the video via firewire, without JVC's
help/driver. Maybe there are some programs which can detect the camcorder,
or something like that!?
I hope someone can help me with this problem... cause JVC can't help me.
I'm very disappointed in JVC, because WinXP came out a year later then the
camcorder, and they did not develop a driver, while the camera support
FireWire.
Please help me,

Sabine.
Netherlands

"RJ" <rodner@wanadoo.nl> wrote in message
> Does anyone know how to transfer video-data from the JVC DVL9000 digital
> camera to the PC. De camera came out in 2000 and JVC did not make a
> firewire-driver for WinXP for this camera, while the camera does has
> FireWire.
> Is there any way to transfer the video via firewire, without JVC's
> help/driver. Maybe there are some programs which can detect the camcorder,
> or something like that!?
> I hope someone can help me with this problem... cause JVC can't help me.
> I'm very disappointed in JVC, because WinXP came out a year later then the
> camcorder, and they did not develop a driver, while the camera support
> FireWire.
> Please help me,
>
> Sabine.
> Netherlands

While I have zero experience with video cameras, it is my understanding that
if you have a Video Editing Suite, that has firewire support, then that is
all you need to transfer video from a firewire camera.

All XP has to do is recognize the Firewire card and load the driver.

If the computer has a firewire interface built in to the motherboard, then
there will be drivers on the CD for the motherboard if needed.

If you bought a firewire card and put it in your computer, you would have a
driver CD that came with the card.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com