Movie Maker 9.0

For DVDs that are created using Movie maker 9.0, what programs can be used to
play the movie?

MovieMaker cannot create a DVD that will play in a standalone DVD player.

MovieMaker is only at version 2!

Can you rephrase the question?
www.coribright.com

"Jim Nolin" <Jim Nolin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> For DVDs that are created using Movie maker 9.0, what programs can be used
> play the movie?

I was misinformed of the version of Movie Maker. However, your answer that
shows created with MM do not play on standalone DVD players is very helpful.
What WILL it play on, and using what program?

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> MovieMaker cannot create a DVD that will play in a standalone DVD player.
>
> MovieMaker is only at version 2!
>
> Can you rephrase the question?
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP) Windows Client - Printing/Imaging and Hardware
> www.coribright.com
>
> "Jim Nolin" <Jim Nolin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > For DVDs that are created using Movie maker 9.0, what programs can be used
> > play the movie?

On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 14:43:02 -0800, Jim Nolin
<JimNolin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I was misinformed of the version of Movie Maker. However, your answer that
>shows created with MM do not play on standalone DVD players is very helpful.
>What WILL it play on, and using what program?
>
>"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
>> MovieMaker cannot create a DVD that will play in a standalone DVD player.
>>
>> MovieMaker is only at version 2!
>>
>> Can you rephrase the question?
>> --
>> Cari (MS-MVP) Windows Client - Printing/Imaging and Hardware
>> www.coribright.com
>>
>> "Jim Nolin" <Jim Nolin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > For DVDs that are created using Movie maker 9.0, what programs can be used
>> > play the movie?

Moviemaker should produce output that would play on the normal
windows media player (WMP 9) and even a bunch of third party
players such as bsplayer
http://www.bsplayer.org/

Zoom player, etc,etc.
http://www.inmatrix.com/files/zoomplayer_download.shtml

Dave

MM can export Movies as DV-AVI in the Other Settings category when you save
the movie to My Computer. From there, there are many DVD creation
applications that you can buy off of the shelf. The caveat is that they
must have the ability to convert to MPEG2. I believe even Nero 6 has a menu
designer and compression tool (It has Recode, so it has the compression tool
for MPEG2).

I recommend you go to videohelp.com and check out the guides there. As you
move into DVD Authoring, there will be questions that you have that are
probably already answered there. BTW, in Tools section, look for DVD
Authoring. Off the Shelf apps that convert DV-AVI (AVI) to MPEG2/DVD start
at around $40. There are some freeware things, but the MPEG encoder/decoder
requires a licensing fee, so you will not normally find it for free.

"Jim Nolin" <Jim Nolin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> For DVDs that are created using Movie maker 9.0, what programs can be used
> play the movie?

That is very helpful, George. Thank you.