XP Wizard instead of kodak easyshare software

Hello,

I have bought a kodak CX7430. I want to transfer the pictures I make
with the windows XP camera wizard, but this doesn't seem to work.

I also have an old kodak DC240, and when I connect that camera, windows
asks where I want to put the pictures, and what name I want to give
them. I would like this to happen when I connect my new camera too.

Does anybody know how I can do this?

I have tried it with the easyshare connection software installed and not
installed, but it doesn't work either way. When the easyshare
connection software is installed, the camera is seen as an extra disk,
and I can go there, and move the pictures to wherever I want. But with
the XP wizard it is much easier.

Can anybody help me with this?

Greetings,

Cyclon

"Cyclon" <cyclon@tiscali.Be> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I have bought a kodak CX7430. I want to transfer the pictures I make
> with the windows XP camera wizard, but this doesn't seem to work.
>
> I also have an old kodak DC240, and when I connect that camera, windows
> asks where I want to put the pictures, and what name I want to give
> them. I would like this to happen when I connect my new camera too.
>
> Does anybody know how I can do this?
>
> I have tried it with the easyshare connection software installed and not
> installed, but it doesn't work either way. When the easyshare
> connection software is installed, the camera is seen as an extra disk,
> and I can go there, and move the pictures to wherever I want. But with
> the XP wizard it is much easier.
>
> Can anybody help me with this?
>
> Greetings,
>
> Cyclon

The easiest way to transfer pictures is with a card reader. They only cost
a few dollars; I paid about $10 for mine not long ago.

"Marvin Margoshes" <physnospamchem@cloud9.net> schreef in bericht

> "Cyclon" <cyclon@tiscali.Be> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have bought a kodak CX7430. I want to transfer the pictures I make
> > with the windows XP camera wizard, but this doesn't seem to work.
> >
> > I also have an old kodak DC240, and when I connect that camera, windows
> > asks where I want to put the pictures, and what name I want to give
> > them. I would like this to happen when I connect my new camera too.
> >
> > Does anybody know how I can do this?
> >
> > I have tried it with the easyshare connection software installed and not
> > installed, but it doesn't work either way. When the easyshare
> > connection software is installed, the camera is seen as an extra disk,
> > and I can go there, and move the pictures to wherever I want. But with
> > the XP wizard it is much easier.
> >
> > Can anybody help me with this?
> >
> > Greetings,
> >
> > Cyclon
>
> The easiest way to transfer pictures is with a card reader. They only
cost
> a few dollars; I paid about $10 for mine not long ago.

Can I use the XP wizard with a card reader?

Greetings,

Cyclon

Greetings Cyclon,

If you are having trouble using Kodak EasyShare Software, let me know what
it is and I will help you with it. Please note that you can install only
the connection software if you like. This makes it quite easy to transfer
your images.

However, if you want you can use WIA drivers etc. with XP. USB is
Plug-n-Play compatible, which means that once the camera is connected to
your computer, turned on, and in Connect mode, WIA software should start. If
you close WIA software while the camera is connected, you can restart the
software by double-clicking the camera icon in the My Computer window.

1. Use the Kodak-provided USB cable to connect the camera to your computer
and then turn on the camera.
2. Turn the Mode dial to Connect. Windows XP automatically detects the
camera.
NOTE: You may be asked for the Windows XP disc in order to install the
proper driver. Insert the disc in the CD-ROM drive and then browse to the
Win9x folder to locate the requested file. To complete the driver
installation, click OK. When installation is completed, the Scanner and
Camera Wizard appears. To copy files, click Next. To see other features,
click the Explore Camera (Advanced) link.

See if this helps and let me know if you have questions.

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company

"cyclon" <cyclonspam@vermandere.btconnect.Be> wrote in message

> "Marvin Margoshes" <physnospamchem@cloud9.net> schreef in bericht
>>
>> "Cyclon" <cyclon@tiscali.Be> wrote in message
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > I have bought a kodak CX7430. I want to transfer the pictures I make
>> > with the windows XP camera wizard, but this doesn't seem to work.
>> >
>> > I also have an old kodak DC240, and when I connect that camera, windows
>> > asks where I want to put the pictures, and what name I want to give
>> > them. I would like this to happen when I connect my new camera too.
>> >
>> > Does anybody know how I can do this?
>> >
>> > I have tried it with the easyshare connection software installed and
>> > not
>> > installed, but it doesn't work either way. When the easyshare
>> > connection software is installed, the camera is seen as an extra disk,
>> > and I can go there, and move the pictures to wherever I want. But with
>> > the XP wizard it is much easier.
>> >
>> > Can anybody help me with this?
>> >
>> > Greetings,
>> >
>> > Cyclon
>>
>> The easiest way to transfer pictures is with a card reader. They only
> cost
>> a few dollars; I paid about $10 for mine not long ago.
>
> Can I use the XP wizard with a card reader?

Yes that works. When you put the card in the reader, a box come up. It is
the same box that comes up when you a put a Cd in the CD drive.

> Greetings,
>
> Cyclon

> Greetings Cyclon,
>
> If you are having trouble using Kodak EasyShare Software, let me know what
> it is and I will help you with it. Please note that you can install only
> the connection software if you like. This makes it quite easy to transfer
> your images.

Thank you. I have only installed the connection software.

> However, if you want you can use WIA drivers etc. with XP. USB is
> Plug-n-Play compatible, which means that once the camera is connected to
> your computer, turned on, and in Connect mode, WIA software should start. If
> you close WIA software while the camera is connected, you can restart the
> software by double-clicking the camera icon in the My Computer window.

That is what I would like to do. How do I install those drivers?

> 1. Use the Kodak-provided USB cable to connect the camera to your computer
> and then turn on the camera.

Done that
> 2. Turn the Mode dial to Connect. Windows XP automatically detects the
> camera.

The easyshare connection software detects the camera, and makes a drive-
connection to the camera (h:\). That is all that happens. To transfer
pictures, I have to select them myself on the internal memory of h:\,
and cut and paste them to another directory.

> NOTE: You may be asked for the Windows XP disc in order to install the
> proper driver. Insert the disc in the CD-ROM drive and then browse to the
> Win9x folder to locate the requested file. To complete the driver
> installation, click OK. When installation is completed, the Scanner and
> Camera Wizard appears. To copy files, click Next. To see other features,
> click the Explore Camera (Advanced) link.

This didn't happen. I have a CX7430 camera.
I suppose I have to install the WIA software, but where can I find that?
With the camera wizard in XP, I only find kodak camara's DC200 till
DC280.

Can you help me?

Greetings,

Cyclon

bj

Have you installed anything that might cause this to change?
Real Player 10 can do it.
There are threads all over the net trying to correct this. Some mention
registry changes.
a Microsoft utility is available but I'm not sure if it will work on a
removable device like a camera.
Try here:
http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBN/tip6900/rh6952.htm

>> Greetings Cyclon,
>>
>> If you are having trouble using Kodak EasyShare Software, let me know
>> what
>> it is and I will help you with it. Please note that you can install only
>> the connection software if you like. This makes it quite easy to
>> transfer
>> your images.
>
> Thank you. I have only installed the connection software.
>
>> However, if you want you can use WIA drivers etc. with XP. USB is
>> Plug-n-Play compatible, which means that once the camera is connected to
>> your computer, turned on, and in Connect mode, WIA software should start.
>> If
>> you close WIA software while the camera is connected, you can restart the
>> software by double-clicking the camera icon in the My Computer window.
>
> That is what I would like to do. How do I install those drivers?
>
>> 1. Use the Kodak-provided USB cable to connect the camera to your
>> computer
>> and then turn on the camera.
>
> Done that
>> 2. Turn the Mode dial to Connect. Windows XP automatically detects the
>> camera.
>
> The easyshare connection software detects the camera, and makes a drive-
> connection to the camera (h:\). That is all that happens. To transfer
> pictures, I have to select them myself on the internal memory of h:\,
> and cut and paste them to another directory.
>
>> NOTE: You may be asked for the Windows XP disc in order to install the
>> proper driver. Insert the disc in the CD-ROM drive and then browse to the
>> Win9x folder to locate the requested file. To complete the driver
>> installation, click OK. When installation is completed, the Scanner and
>> Camera Wizard appears. To copy files, click Next. To see other features,
>> click the Explore Camera (Advanced) link.
>
> This didn't happen. I have a CX7430 camera.
> I suppose I have to install the WIA software, but where can I find that?
> With the camera wizard in XP, I only find kodak camara's DC200 till
> DC280.
>
> Can you help me?
>
> Greetings,
>
> Cyclon

bj

As a follow-up:
\If you try this then make sure the camera is plugged in and recognised as a
removable device before you run the application. I just tested it (although
my autoplay is working) and could select that device. It has repair option
if the device is not set to standard,
Again, I'm not sure it will work on removable device.