Eliminating a step (re: minidv)

ted

Distinguished
May 25, 2001

Please help me!
I have sony minidv and everytime I have a tape, I make the VCD/DVD in
two steps.
1. capture the video onto the pc
2. Use showbiz software that came with my HP pc to to convert into
mpeg1 or such to make a VCD or DVD.

It takes lot of time to do this.

Can I capture and burn a VCD in single step? Is there any software
that can achieve that?

Thanks.

"ted" <tedneeley@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Can I capture and burn a VCD in single step? Is there any software
> that can achieve that?

Roxio Easy DVD Creator 6 will do this. There are probably others, but I've
tried burning straight to DVD and it does work. Though you have to use
DVD+RW discs.

Robin.

ted

Distinguished
May 25, 2001

"Robin Davies-Rollinson" <robin @ffilmiau-fflur.co.uk> wrote in message news:<c641cm$8rf$1@news7.svr.pol.co.uk>...
> "ted" <tedneeley@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
> > Can I capture and burn a VCD in single step? Is there any software
> > that can achieve that?
> >

> Roxio Easy DVD Creator 6 will do this. There are probably others, but I've
> tried burning straight to DVD and it does work. Though you have to use
> DVD+RW discs.
>
> Robin.

Can't thank you enough for your reply! I've been getting frustrated
with this thing.

One question though.. will Roxio make VCDs the same way? I have to
mail my kids' homevideos overseas to Asia and all they can use are
VCDs.

will Roxio make VCDs the same way? I have to
> mail my kids' homevideos overseas to Asia and all they can use are
> VCDs.

I'm not really sure if will handle VCDs. I haven't got a recordable cd disc
with me to try at the moment.

Robin.