Please Recommend Video Editing Software

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 20, 2004 3:34:04 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

...In these price ranges

$100 -

200 -

$300-$500 -

I'm not worried about PC hardware (capture card, etc) as I am planning
on getting a DV camcorder with A/D converters, so if I have analogue
tape I want to capture, i can just run it into the camcorder then to
PC (I think?) and if anyone can reccoment some DV camcorders in the
300-400 range that can do this well, I'd appreciate it

Thanks in advance!

STRATEGY
Anonymous
April 20, 2004 7:55:00 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

> $100 -
Studio 8 with updates off the Pinnacle website in the $100 range
Studio 9 is out but have not tried it yet.

Jack
April 20, 2004 8:30:14 PM

ikeyp510@yahoo.com (Bay Way 41510) wrote in message news:<284d5f0d.0404201034.55811731@posting.google.com>...
> ..In these price ranges
>
> $100 -
>

> 200 -
>

> $300-$500 -
>

> I'm not worried about PC hardware (capture card, etc) as I am planning
> on getting a DV camcorder with A/D converters, so if I have analogue
> tape I want to capture, i can just run it into the camcorder then to
> PC (I think?) and if anyone can reccoment some DV camcorders in the
> 300-400 range that can do this well, I'd appreciate it
>

> Thanks in advance!
>

> STRATEGY

You are really leaving it open.

I use Edit Studio from www.puremotion.com

It is in the $100+ range. Fantastic range of features, super support,
and a wide open SDK for independent development. Just in the last
couple of weeks users have added the ability to create weather
(lightning and/or rain) and there is a new expression evaluator that
people are already using to do amazing things; somebody just posted a
video where the image warps into a sphere and then bounces around.

Eric
April 20, 2004 11:40:52 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

I LOOOVE my JVC. It's an older model, 2001, but it's a real champ and
I've never heard anything bad about JVC camcorders.

Any opinions...?

"Bay Way 41510" <ikeyp510@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> ..In these price ranges
>
> $100 -
>

> 200 -
>

> $300-$500 -
>

> I'm not worried about PC hardware (capture card, etc) as I am planning
> on getting a DV camcorder with A/D converters, so if I have analogue
> tape I want to capture, i can just run it into the camcorder then to
> PC (I think?) and if anyone can reccoment some DV camcorders in the
> 300-400 range that can do this well, I'd appreciate it
>

> Thanks in advance!
>

> STRATEGY
Anonymous
April 21, 2004 2:20:48 AM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

If you havn't tried anything and you have Windows XP get Windows Movie Maker
2 - free from Microsoft and have a go with that first.

HTH
Margaret

Remove giggling if replying by email
"Bay Way 41510" <ikeyp510@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> ..In these price ranges
>
> $100 -
>

> 200 -
>

> $300-$500 -
>

> I'm not worried about PC hardware (capture card, etc) as I am planning
> on getting a DV camcorder with A/D converters, so if I have analogue
> tape I want to capture, i can just run it into the camcorder then to
> PC (I think?) and if anyone can reccoment some DV camcorders in the
> 300-400 range that can do this well, I'd appreciate it
>

> Thanks in advance!
>

> STRATEGY
Anonymous
April 21, 2004 2:31:04 PM

Bay Way 41510 wrote:

> ...In these price ranges
>
> $100 -
>

> 200 -
>

> $300-$500 -
>

> I'm not worried about PC hardware (capture card, etc) as I am planning
> on getting a DV camcorder with A/D converters, so if I have analogue
> tape I want to capture, i can just run it into the camcorder then to
> PC (I think?) and if anyone can reccoment some DV camcorders in the
> 300-400 range that can do this well, I'd appreciate it
>

> Thanks in advance!
>

> STRATEGY

virtualdub... free
April 21, 2004 6:59:04 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

For under $100, I would recommend Sony's Screenblast Movie Studio 3.0. It's
very slick, really in a class of it's own. It's also a great way to learn
Vegas Video (my choice for under $500). They have a demo you can try for
free.

"Bay Way 41510" <ikeyp510@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> ..In these price ranges
>
> $100 -
>

> 200 -
>

> $300-$500 -
>

> I'm not worried about PC hardware (capture card, etc) as I am planning
> on getting a DV camcorder with A/D converters, so if I have analogue
> tape I want to capture, i can just run it into the camcorder then to
> PC (I think?) and if anyone can reccoment some DV camcorders in the
> 300-400 range that can do this well, I'd appreciate it
>

> Thanks in advance!
>

> STRATEGY
April 21, 2004 10:33:03 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

You don't say what country you are from as prices vary from different
countries. I suggest you go to the ULead site www.ulead.com as they
have some very good video editing programs at a range of prices.

Regards Brian

ikeyp510@yahoo.com (Bay Way 41510) wrote:

>..In these price ranges
>
>$100 -
>

>200 -
>

>$300-$500 -
>

>I'm not worried about PC hardware (capture card, etc) as I am planning
>on getting a DV camcorder with A/D converters, so if I have analogue
>tape I want to capture, i can just run it into the camcorder then to
>PC (I think?) and if anyone can reccoment some DV camcorders in the
>300-400 range that can do this well, I'd appreciate it
>

>Thanks in advance!
>

>STRATEGY
Anonymous
April 21, 2004 10:50:59 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

ikeyp510@yahoo.com (Bay Way 41510) wrote in message news:<284d5f0d.0404201034.55811731@posting.google.com>...
> ..In these price ranges
>
> $100 -
>

> 200 -
>

> $300-$500 -
>

> I'm not worried about PC hardware (capture card, etc) as I am planning
> on getting a DV camcorder with A/D converters, so if I have analogue
> tape I want to capture, i can just run it into the camcorder then to
> PC (I think?) and if anyone can reccoment some DV camcorders in the
> 300-400 range that can do this well, I'd appreciate it
>

> Thanks in advance!
>

> STRATEGY

How about trying out editing software first for free!
visit this link and see what you think (hey that rhymes...i'm a poet
and didn't knowit)
http://hop.clickbank.net/?kmsvideo/freevideo

regards
Mark
http://www.kmsvideo.com

Ps. get a sony in the trv range. best pictures fron sony!
April 25, 2004 9:23:12 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

I would highly recommend Puremotion EditStudio4 (www.puremotion.com)

You can try it for free!

/Philippe

"Jerry Jones" <jerry@jonesgroup.net> wrote in message
> 1. Ulead VideoStudio 7.0:
>
> http://www.ulead.com/vs/runme.htm
>
> 2. Ulead MediaStudio Pro 7.0:
>
> http://www.ulead.com/msp/runme.htm
>
> Jerry Jones
> http://www.jonesgroup.net
>
> ikeyp510@yahoo.com (Bay Way 41510) wrote:
>
> > $100 -
> > $300-$500 -
Anonymous
May 8, 2004 7:30:45 AM

"Philippe" <ppmnospam@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:<0%Vic.17897$2V6.250979@wagner.videotron.net>...
> I would highly recommend Puremotion EditStudio4 (www.puremotion.com)
>
> You can try it for free!
>
> /Philippe
>

> "Jerry Jones" <jerry@jonesgroup.net> wrote in message
> > 1. Ulead VideoStudio 7.0:
> >
> > http://www.ulead.com/vs/runme.htm
> >
> > 2. Ulead MediaStudio Pro 7.0:
> >
> > http://www.ulead.com/msp/runme.htm
> >
> > Jerry Jones

Look... jusr go for the daddy...Vegas 4/5
> > http://www.jonesgroup.net
> >
> > ikeyp510@yahoo.com (Bay Way 41510) wrote:
> >
> > > $100 -
> > > $300-$500 -
Anonymous
May 11, 2004 7:44:35 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

byteguy@lanset.com (Eric) wrote in

> I use Edit Studio from www.puremotion.com
>
> It is in the $100+ range. Fantastic range of features, super support,
> and a wide open SDK for independent development. Just in the last
> couple of weeks users have added the ability to create weather
> (lightning and/or rain) and there is a new expression evaluator that
> people are already using to do amazing things; somebody just posted a
> video where the image warps into a sphere and then bounces around.
>
> Eric

YES YES YES. I 2nd this motion. :)

--
Tim.

"Those who give up essential liberties for temporary safety deserve
neither
liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Remove the No before replying.
!