cant play on tv/dvd

February 8, 2005 12:51:02 PM

I burned a movie onto dvd-r and it wont play on my tv/dvd player. I also
tried burning onto dvd+rw and it still wont play on my tv/dvd. Am I burning
the movie wrong? How can I fix this?

More about : play dvd

Anonymous
February 8, 2005 1:03:07 PM

does my tv/dvd player have to be a recorder to play burned disced?

"major_minor" wrote:

> I burned a movie onto dvd-r and it wont play on my tv/dvd player. I also
> tried burning onto dvd+rw and it still wont play on my tv/dvd. Am I burning
> the movie wrong? How can I fix this?
Anonymous
February 8, 2005 2:21:44 PM

With which software did you make the DVD?
www.coribright.com

"major_minor" <major_minor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I burned a movie onto dvd-r and it wont play on my tv/dvd player. I also
> tried burning onto dvd+rw and it still wont play on my tv/dvd. Am I
> burning
> the movie wrong? How can I fix this?

Related resources
February 9, 2005 3:24:43 PM

more details required:
what software are you using to burn
how are you burning it (describe the process you use)

major_minor wrote:
> I burned a movie onto dvd-r and it wont play on my tv/dvd player. I also
> tried burning onto dvd+rw and it still wont play on my tv/dvd. Am I burning
> the movie wrong? How can I fix this?
Anonymous
February 9, 2005 3:24:44 PM

Im using nero 6. I downloaded a dvd movie from a torrent site then burned it
onto a dvd-r (iso) and it wont play on my tv/dvd. says its a bad disc. Im new
to burning so im learning as I go. Also I tried burning it on a dvd+r and
that wouldnt play on ym tv/dvd either although I can play it on my pc. My
tv/dvd plays mp3's so I was sure it would play the movie I burned.

"Darkknight" wrote:

> more details required:
> what software are you using to burn
> how are you burning it (describe the process you use)
>
> major_minor wrote:
> > I burned a movie onto dvd-r and it wont play on my tv/dvd player. I also
> > tried burning onto dvd+rw and it still wont play on my tv/dvd. Am I burning
> > the movie wrong? How can I fix this?

Anonymous
February 9, 2005 3:24:45 PM

An ISO is an image file... you should use the Create Disk from Image
instruction.
--
Cari (MS-MVP Windows Client - Printing & Imaging)

> Im using nero 6. I downloaded a dvd movie from a torrent site then burned
> it
> onto a dvd-r (iso) and it wont play on my tv/dvd. says its a bad disc. Im
> new
> to burning so im learning as I go. Also I tried burning it on a dvd+r and
> that wouldnt play on ym tv/dvd either although I can play it on my pc. My
> tv/dvd plays mp3's so I was sure it would play the movie I burned.
>
> "Darkknight" wrote:
>
>> more details required:
>> what software are you using to burn
>> how are you burning it (describe the process you use)
>>
>> major_minor wrote:
>> > I burned a movie onto dvd-r and it wont play on my tv/dvd player. I
>> > also
>> > tried burning onto dvd+rw and it still wont play on my tv/dvd. Am I
>> > burning
>> > the movie wrong? How can I fix this?

Anonymous
February 10, 2005 1:39:02 AM

The movie i burned is DivX. could this be why it wont play on my tv?

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> An ISO is an image file... you should use the Create Disk from Image
> instruction.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP Windows Client - Printing & Imaging)
> www.coribright.com
>
> "major_minor" <major_minor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Im using nero 6. I downloaded a dvd movie from a torrent site then burned
> > it
> > onto a dvd-r (iso) and it wont play on my tv/dvd. says its a bad disc. Im
> > new
> > to burning so im learning as I go. Also I tried burning it on a dvd+r and
> > that wouldnt play on ym tv/dvd either although I can play it on my pc. My
> > tv/dvd plays mp3's so I was sure it would play the movie I burned.
> >
> > "Darkknight" wrote:
> >
> >> more details required:
> >> what software are you using to burn
> >> how are you burning it (describe the process you use)

Anonymous
February 10, 2005 3:01:51 PM

I don't believe there is a standalone DVD player that will play DIVX files
yet. Some will play MPEG1 and MPEG2 files. You'll have to check what your
standalone player supports.... www.videohelp.com

The alternative is to import the DIVX file into your DVD burning software
and tell it to make a DVD which will reencode it to the correct format (and
make the Video_TS files) and then burn the DVD.

> The movie i burned is DivX. could this be why it wont play on my tv?
>
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
>> An ISO is an image file... you should use the Create Disk from Image
>> instruction.
>> --
>> Cari (MS-MVP Windows Client - Printing & Imaging)
>> www.coribright.com
>>
>> "major_minor" <major_minor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Im using nero 6. I downloaded a dvd movie from a torrent site then
>> > burned
>> > it
>> > onto a dvd-r (iso) and it wont play on my tv/dvd. says its a bad disc.
>> > Im
>> > new
>> > to burning so im learning as I go. Also I tried burning it on a dvd+r
>> > and
>> > that wouldnt play on ym tv/dvd either although I can play it on my pc.
>> > My
>> > tv/dvd plays mp3's so I was sure it would play the movie I burned.

Anonymous
February 10, 2005 4:05:03 PM

I had this problem. There are two major reasons
1. Did you finish the disc? In most DVD burn software there is a finalize
the disk button. After you finalize the DVD you can not modify it. Of course
if it is RW then you can copy it to your PC then edit and erase the Disc and
rerecord it.
2. Old DVD players will not play all kinds of discs. Look in the mannual. I
had to buy a new DVD player for $150 it has a VCR recorder in it too. On top
of the new DVD player it tells what type DVD disc it plays.
Hint, if you want to save money use CD (and burn Video on CD).
Check if you used the proper setting when you burnt the DCD/CD. USA has
different setting than europe and other countries (PAL) . Good luck.

"major_minor" wrote:

> does my tv/dvd player have to be a recorder to play burned disced?
>
> "major_minor" wrote:
>
> > I burned a movie onto dvd-r and it wont play on my tv/dvd player. I also
> > tried burning onto dvd+rw and it still wont play on my tv/dvd. Am I burning
> > the movie wrong? How can I fix this?
Anonymous
April 24, 2005 6:06:01 AM

"major_minor" wrote:

> I burned a movie onto dvd-r and it wont play on my tv/dvd player. I also
> tried burning onto dvd+rw and it still wont play on my tv/dvd. Am I burning
> the movie wrong? How can I fix this?
Anonymous
April 24, 2005 3:06:59 PM

Check what your standalaone player supports at www.videohelp.com
--
Cari
(MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)

"JWYNJONES" <JWYNJONES@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> "major_minor" wrote:
>
>> I burned a movie onto dvd-r and it wont play on my tv/dvd player. I also
>> tried burning onto dvd+rw and it still wont play on my tv/dvd. Am I
>> burning
>> the movie wrong? How can I fix this?

Anonymous
August 14, 2009 12:54:35 AM

TRY CONVERTING THE FORMAT AF THE MOVIE INTO MPEG1 OR MPEG2 FORMAT. THEN BURN IT TO A CD OR DVD AND PLAY IT ON A DVD PLAYER. DO YOU HAVE A CONVERTER??
!