Video capture device not detected.

I have a DCS 200 that works well with Movie Star 5. When I try to use it
with NERO 6 OR Windows Movie Maker I get the error, video capture device not
detected. I'm using XP Home, SP2. Any ideas to be able to detect using my
other programs? Thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about video capture device detected

    I also am only using usb2. After reading all the posts i'm assuming that I
    need a firewire card???

    "Skdro" wrote:

    > I have a DCS 200 that works well with Movie Star 5. When I try to use it
    > with NERO 6 OR Windows Movie Maker I get the error, video capture device not
    > detected. I'm using XP Home, SP2. Any ideas to be able to detect using my
    > other programs? Thanks.

    I have no idea about Nero because I don't use it but MovieMaker doesn't like
    analog capture. It's designed for digital video capture via firewire.
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP Windows Client - Printing & Imaging)
    www.coribright.com

    "Skdro" <Skdro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have a DCS 200 that works well with Movie Star 5. When I try to use it
    > with NERO 6 OR Windows Movie Maker I get the error, video capture device
    > not
    > detected. I'm using XP Home, SP2. Any ideas to be able to detect using
    > my
    > other programs? Thanks.

Video Video Capture Devices Windows XP