Video capture device not detected.

I have a DCS 200 that works well with Movie Star 5. When I try to use it
with NERO 6 OR Windows Movie Maker I get the error, video capture device not
detected. I'm using XP Home, SP2. Any ideas to be able to detect using my
other programs? Thanks.

I also am only using usb2. After reading all the posts i'm assuming that I
need a firewire card???

"Skdro" wrote:

> I have a DCS 200 that works well with Movie Star 5. When I try to use it
> with NERO 6 OR Windows Movie Maker I get the error, video capture device not
> detected. I'm using XP Home, SP2. Any ideas to be able to detect using my
> other programs? Thanks.

I have no idea about Nero because I don't use it but MovieMaker doesn't like
analog capture. It's designed for digital video capture via firewire.
--
Cari (MS-MVP Windows Client - Printing & Imaging)
www.coribright.com