I have a home video, one file (350 MB) with a .dat extension.

I would like to edit it in Windows movie maker which does not support this
format.
Can I convert the file so that Win movie maker can read it?

Thanks for advise.

Cheers,
Stephan

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 15:08:50 +1100, "S. Pfeiffer"
<sjpfeiffer50@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I have a home video, one file (350 MB) with a .dat extension.
>
>I would like to edit it in Windows movie maker which does not support this
>format.
>Can I convert the file so that Win movie maker can read it?
>
>Thanks for advise.
>
>Cheers,
>Stephan

try renaming it to .mpg