GTA:SA & TI4200

Last response: in Video Games
June 17, 2005 4:10:21 PM

Hi

Specs for GTA:SA is not that demanding
Anyone happen to know if TI4200 would be able to drive this game?
Not at full throttle I know

Thanks/Peter

More about : gta ti4200

June 17, 2005 5:51:38 PM

>From reviews i've read, mx440's can handle the game so i should think
the TI would also.

Think i'll be investing in this game also :)
Anonymous
June 18, 2005 2:17:21 AM

On 17 Jun 2005 12:10:21 -0700, "Peter [AGHL]" <peter.aghl@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Hi
>
>Specs for GTA:SA is not that demanding
>Anyone happen to know if TI4200 would be able to drive this game?
>Not at full throttle I know
>
>Thanks/Peter

For reference: I have an A64 3200 + 9800 pro (1024x768), and there is
a noticable drop in frame rate when viewing the more complex areas.
The annoying thing about this game is that the graphics aren't that
good by todays standards and tweaking the video settings does little
to improve either frame rate or image quality.

--
steve <AT> steveevans <DOT> org
June 18, 2005 3:06:17 AM

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 22:17:21 +0100, Steve Evans <no@spam> wrote:

>On 17 Jun 2005 12:10:21 -0700, "Peter [AGHL]" <peter.aghl@gmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>>Hi
>>
>>Specs for GTA:SA is not that demanding
>>Anyone happen to know if TI4200 would be able to drive this game?
>>Not at full throttle I know
>>
>>Thanks/Peter
>
>For reference: I have an A64 3200 + 9800 pro (1024x768), and there is
>a noticable drop in frame rate when viewing the more complex areas.
>The annoying thing about this game is that the graphics aren't that
>good by todays standards and tweaking the video settings does little
>to improve either frame rate or image quality.

I am running an A64 3400+ (1Gig) with a 9800XT (256Meg) and it all
runs well with AA turned on a little....I do see a drop in frame rate
at some times but it is no where near bad...I do agree with the
graphics engine not being well made tho...i can play HL2 maxed out
(even AA and AF) and it runs smooth as silk...and HL2 looks way better
than GTA:SA...

Still a great game tho...
June 18, 2005 3:26:47 PM

Yea i also bought it for the ps2 aswell, but not for long because money
was tight at that time and had to sell the console. But i had mucho fun
with the game and when payday arrives i'll be down the shops :)

p.s Theres a £5 discount on the game in this months PC Gamer for the
game, for use at Virgin Megastores.
Anonymous
June 18, 2005 4:12:47 PM

In article <1119041498.774882.181230@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
Jimbob <richard.burkinshaw@gmail.com> wrote:

> >From reviews i've read, mx440's can handle the game so i should think
> the TI would also.
>
> Think i'll be investing in this game also :)

Same here, and I bought the PS2 version when it came out as well!

___
Neil
aka HighVis
!